Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Super unleaded?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Is there any list of who sells it in Ireland? I'm in the midlands so i can't think of anywhere near who sells it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nobody. Although Maxol E5 is 99 RON.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Really? Cheers, is there any boosters you can add to the petrol that help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

lol, the amount of carry-on that petrol stations used do with the old "super-unleaded" ;) I'm glad its gone.

Was seen as the easiest way to make an absolute fortune on fuel!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the nearest place it would be available would be up in the North.

MOG7 wrote: »

The over the counter boosters are not much good. If you want to boost the octane of your petrol get yourself some toluene. You will then have to work out a mixing ratio depending on roughly what octane you require. You will find info on the net about how much to mix.

I would like to add for the people who are always saying higher octane fuels are pointless I know of at least two people with cars mapped of 97ron fuel and if the cars are run on 95ron it will cause knocking which could destroy the engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My mate used to drive 40 mins to some maxol station from Douglas, Cork to get 98 octane fuel into his GTi. I think this quickly became a PITA and he fills it up with regular unleaded, works fine.

Ye see i'm buying in an MR2 Turbo on Saturday and have been told to not use anything other than 99ron or Super-unleaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Ye see i'm buying in an MR2 Turbo on Saturday and have been told to not use anything other than 99ron or Super-unleaded.

Shell Super unleaded in Ireland was 95octane in England it was 99.

I tried it when i first got the car and the engine detonated badly. I had to drive off boost till the tank was emptied. (Yes i know what det sounds like)

I had good results with E5 and Millers and no detonation. If your worried about det get yourself a KS3 knock analyser.

Cheers, i am just after finding out there is ashop 10 min's away that sell 99ron:D

Cheers, i am just after finding out there is ashop 10 min's away that sell 99ron:D

Spill the beans who in ireland sells 99ron?

• Advertisement

. If your worried about det get yourself a KS3 knock analyser.

+1

It would be a very good idea to have one fitted even if you are getting the correct fuel. You will be able to make sure everything is running correctly and you are not getting knock(detention) especially if the engine has mods and you are running higher boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Spill the beans who in ireland sells 99ron?

Probably the aforementioned Maxol E5 stuff again.

Stephen wrote: »
    Probably the aforementioned Maxol E5 stuff again.

E5 only as an equivilent of 97Ron when it was dyno tested. Just a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Im a memmber of the ISDC and the only boosters any of the lads will use over here is Lucas or NF.

We all use e5 has its as close to 101 ron we can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

E5 only as an equivilent of 97Ron when it was dyno tested. Just a heads up.

How will dyno testing prove the ron of e5?

Advertisement