Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annacotty, Your Views (2008 Edition)

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i have lived here 10 months now , i live next door to the neighbour from hell who destroys gardens and vandalises our home on a weekly basis, tonight there was gun shoots by that mill bar place , a few weeks ago several cars on the street were broken into, the gardi are not interested , sadly i think this place is in decline annacotty that is , and i long for the day me and my partner can leave for the country comming from a rural back round this has been the hardest few months i have ever endured i just wish my partner would sell up so we could move on for safety , im glad you could move out and write your experience , i know im not the only one who thinks this place is full of thugs ,, best wishes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Old thread is old! :eek:

Sorry to hear that about Annacoty, I always thought that was one of the nicest parts of Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Christ that's terrible.

I've just written a letter to the landlord of the house next to me requesting him to vet his next shower of renters as the last gang were utter scumbags.
    The feckers are everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I had heard things had improved quite a lot since I was there.
    Maybe I heard wrong. It is a very old thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I live in riverbank, am originally from county limerick, am not a scumbag or white trash, and so far so good. no trouble. all neighbours around us are fine, no problems. house beside us is rented, and they (3 women workers) are quiet, neat and landlady gave us her number before she left in case of trouble
    i hear there was some trouble around annacotty a few years back with scumbags (they used to go into the mill) but were cleared out of it...
    can't say what the rest of the estate is like though...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I split todays replies out to a new thread - the original thread was 2 years old.

• Advertisement

Well I know a few people around the area (one lives in riverbank even) and the area has supposedly settled right down.
    Again though, I dont live around there anymore, so I cant see it on a first hand basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 staengus

Just moved in to Riverbank in Sept and I have to say there have been no problems so far. Quiet area with nice enough neighbours. Loads of cars around though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

yeah, seems to be at least 2 cars to every house there. The Celtic tiger eh?!
    I'd say you have a fair few rented houses, so at least it's mainly workers in there, and not young students throwing parties....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I was always under the impression Annacotty was a decent area!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just up the road in newtown and i love the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Beem out there a few times the past few months, and I was always under the impression it was a nice spot to live tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

maybe theres some trouble down in the old village that we're not aware of, AFAIK I'm in one of the best places in the city.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm just a stones throw from the Mill Bar in Salmon Weir. Haven't heard anything about shots being fired or haven't experienced any problems. I love Annacotty.

We used to live in Bru na Grudain. Now that was scumbag central.

OP if your neighbor is vandalising your property take pictures/video and go to the Gardai with the evidence.

5uspect wrote: »

We used to live in Bru na Grudain. Now that was scumbag central.

I thought that was studentville? I know they can mess about alright, but I wouldnt consider them scumbags.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ah the students I can live with (used to be one), its the influx of social housing scumbags wrecking the place.

Advertisement