Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity leave rights for fathers - Petition.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

T.Keane - Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

D.Dillon-Malone, Leitrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Is there a way to sign this without publically announcing your name? Id be happy to but I don't want to disclose my name here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I will not be putting my full real life name on this thread.
    I will be how ever sending a copy of that via email to all my T.D.s

I think that in order for the petition to have validity it has to have real names. I suppose you could just sign your surname or even maden name for wemon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Adrieanne Murphy, Dublin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Worthy cause, sloppy execution. Put it in some semi-anonymous form at least (no association of user names with real names) and more people, myself included, will sign it. I'm kind of shocked to know Irish fathers don't even get a day off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

maybe you should have people pm you and give their email address and do it via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

How about using online petition hosting, this site is free AFAIK. People can support the petition without compromising their Boards.ie secret identities.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

Dfens wrote: »
    How about using online petition hosting, this site is free AFAIK. People can support the petition without compromising their Boards.ie secret identities.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

Thats a great idea dfens. Im not a computer whizz so ill do my best to stick it up there and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

great idea Dfens. I have to say I'm reluctant to put my real name on here.
    L-I-N it all looks great... sorry I wasn 't able to help out like I said I would :o

http://www.petitiononline.com/cgi-bin/create_petition.cgi?ds2x2l
    Here it is ... it will take a few days to be approved, so keep an eye on it and sign when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

http://www.petitiononline.com/cgi-bin/create_petition.cgi?ds2x2l
    Here it is ... it will take a few days to be approved, so keep an eye on it and sign when you can.
    Link isn't working but you should get emailed a working link when it's approved.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Link isn't working but you should get emailed a working link when it's approved.
    Im such a nobie lol:rolleyes:
    Ill post it then when i get it lol

ok ignore what you see above and sign here instead
    http://www.petitiononline.com/time4dad/petition.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

done.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Have added my name to the list.
    Emailed the link off to a bunch of people also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Me to ... Its a disgrace!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I've emailed the link off to loads of people.

When we start getting the emails back to ourselves we'll know we've saturated the market :D

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »
    I've emailed the link off to loads of people.

When we start getting the emails back to ourselves we'll know we've saturated the market :D
    ha ha thats funny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Fired an email off to all in my contacts list last night and can see a number of familiar names on the petition already :)

I've also added the link to my Facebook profile and status update and will add it to my sig here.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Stick the petition link on the opening post so more poeple will click and not have to read down.

Signed... Don't think i'll benefit unless its rushed through in the next couple of weeks. Ah well !

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Stick the petition link on the opening post so more poeple will click and not have to read down.

Signed... Don't think i'll benefit unless its rushed through in the next couple of weeks. Ah well !
    I have tried to do this but for some reason i cant edit anymore... prob edited too much when putting it up there.... maybe one of the mod could delete whats there and just put up the link .....PLEASE:D

In other news I have been approached by the evening herald. At least I think it is because the e-mail address was @gmail.com so you cant really tell who its from. Ive asked them to join me on the chat chanel in the website i mod for.... ill keep you updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 justmum

Keith M and Lena S - Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

While I fully agree with this campaign, an online petition isn't worth the paper its not written on. You really need signatures on paper to get anyone to take notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

loyatemu wrote: »
    While I fully agree with this campaign, an online petition isn't worth the paper its not written on. You really need signatures on paper to get anyone to take notice.

I agree with what your saying Loyatemu it would mean more if they were written imo, but i dont see how L-I-N is going to be able to get all signatures like that.

Doesnt affect me much right now, but i do have a strong view on the situation.

Ill sign now and best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

loyatemu wrote: »

I encourage everyone to email a copy with a note to therr T.D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

While its a nice idea, I don't see it happening any time soon in the current economic climate. That said I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Advertisement