Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laguna Tyre Monitor

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Had the tyres on the Laguna changed but one of the warning lights is showing for one of the tyres saying its flat. I did all the checks etc and the tyre and pressure is fine, as is the monitor for other tyres that were changed.

Is this one of those "small jobs that Renault charge a fortune for" scenarios to get it fixed?

Or can i do it myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

One of two things - either the tyre pressure sensor was damaged or not refitted correctly which is causing the warning indicator to light up.

I've had tyres replaced on plenty of Lagunas in the past and sometimes it can take up to 30 miles driving before the system 'settles down'. So before you do anything, wait till you do the 30 miles. But it might be a good idea to call the tyre centre and let them know as soon as possible so they are aware of your problem just in case you need to go back to them after the 30 miles are up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've done 30 miles and the tyre centre have rechecked the tyre and the tyre is fine. Light still showing tho. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sounds like a problem with the sensor. I had quite a few instances of this with Advance Tyres back when the Laguna II was new. I can't remember how much the replacement sensors cost - sorry.

If all sensors were working correctly before you had the tyres changed, then it would seem to indicate that something went wrong during the tyre replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

IIRC it is about 45-50 quid for a wheel sensor and it should only take a few minutes to fit and code although they may want to charge you half an hour's labour for it. Not a DIY job anyway.

I had the pressure system turned off in my Laguna because I was having similar problems to you - wheel sensors working fine but getting broken when a tyre was changed. It didn't happen every time I got a new tyre but but it happened at least twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have the tyre sensors turned off. When I got a flat and changed got a new tyre I had to get a new sensor because for some reason It would not relate to the new tyre.

The guy who changed the tyre said he could not reprogramme the new sensor and must be done by Renault whom wanted €80 for the luxury of it.

My mother then borrowed my car for two weeks and gave it back with all 4 wheels vanished off the dash.

I sold the car on and told the guy that the wheels light up when there is something wrong and not the other way around.

Im sure he does not currently mind as he was shot about 6 weeks later in Garryowen in Limerick. McNamara was his name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

not trying to turn this into a zombie thread but didnt want to start a new thread to give a final conclusion to my original post.

I never bothered getting the tyre pressure monitor seen to. Yesterday i got a puncture in one of the tyres. (not the one that was flashing) I lashed on the spare tyre and got the punture fixed. Whatever I did, the the tyre monitor is now back to normal! i.e. no fault!! Weird but fixed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

i had recent problems of similar nature.....investigated a little bit and found out that the thin piece of wire "the element" that monitors the pressure is made of sub-quality material, when i approached my local renault dealer about this he agreed but he wouldnt accept that it was his problem - surprise surprise!!!!! got a local mechanic to fix it for the price of a pint!!!

Advertisement