Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Budget Afferect 100% BBand Coverage By 2009

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if the National Development Plan to have 100% broadband coverage in Ireland by 2009 has been affected in the recent budget ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

thegoth wrote: »
    I was just wondering if the National Development Plan to have 100% broadband coverage in Ireland by 2009 has been affected in the recent budget ?

Even if we had money like Saudi Arabia there would not be 100% broadband coverage by 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If you consider satellite internet to be broadband - and I think the national broadband plan considers it to be broadband - then Ireland already has 100% broadband coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I would have thought there ought to be a positive effect on the NDP; I seem to remember the Budget emphasising the importance of capital growth in these difficult times, building on Ireland's 'knowledge economy', decentralising from cities, and encouraging overseas businesses to locate here.

It's one of the points I've just made to Eircom (while complaining about my phone line). Not that I expected them to take any notice, being pathologically short-sighted (what is that substance they provide to the engineers? It might as well be flour-and-water as far as we're concerned around here).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

thegoth wrote: »

The budget will have absolutly no effect on this, it will not happen for totaly unrelated reasons, but the budget will get blamed anyway...

Advertisement