Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters student applying for a loan.

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Im doing a masters at the moment and the weird hours prevent me from getting a part time job. Fortunately my parents paid my fees, I have no disposable income however. So I basically have to get a loan to cover me for the rest of the year. I've never applied for a loan before so had a few question s an was also wondering could anyone give me any general advice on applying for a loan?

First of all, its you dont need to have an account in a bank to apply for a loan from them, so who do you think is offering the best rates for a 2,500 loan with repayments beginning in January 2010?

Also I have a student credit card with BOI my current bank for 850 and an overdraft with Ulster Bank for 650! Ive only ever missed one payment on my credit card and that was last month, i mised it by a week but went in an paid it myself. They did write a letter to me about it! I was wondering if this amount of debt and what happened last week will have any significant effect on my chances of being approved?

ANything else I should be aware of or should be ready to prepare when applying?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

Advertisement