Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco or iphone

• 20-10-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭

Have to get new phone today its looking like one of the above.
    Any advice would be great.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

contract or pay as you go...?

there 2 completly different phones....the tocco is probably the better all rounder and has the better camera....the LG Renior should be out shortly not sure what networks it'll be on but it's a good alternative......LG Viewty is another one to consider, it's on Meteor and 3.......

personally i'd probably go for the iphone, it sure is cool.....pity about the lack of real bluetooth, radio and decent camera.....it's a tough call....if your used to apple and it's oddities go with the iphone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I've had a Tocco for a few months. Its ok, but there are few crazy things Samsung did with the user interface that just make me shake my head. The browser is not a patch on the iPhone and the way it handles email is stupid. The phone feels like Samsung though they would confuse customers if they were given too many options to configure the phone. The problem is that the say Samsung has set things up is pretty dump. Lots of time I find myself in the browser or email having to bang my head off a wall to get something done. Heck maybe I should just read the manual :pac: but if the things I want are actually there then it is very unintuitive.

really it all depends on what you want the phone for. The iPhone is more like a fully fledge computer. If you are doing a lot of internet surfing, email, data stuff I would recommend that. Or wait for new Samsungs, they have new phones in the pipeline that are supposed to be better than the Tocco

if you are just looking for a phone then the Tocco is grand. Though perhaps a touch screen phone isn't the way to go then.

Advertisement