Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5700 XM Firmware

• 20-10-2008 2:00pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Quick question.. I bought the 5700 last year, can be a right pain and pretty buggy. Was going to upgrade the firmware but it turns out that I have the latest available in Europe (V03.28.1). The software updater and nokia website confirms this.

However, it turns out that the latest firmware is v5.11 but its not yet released in Europe. I did some research and came across this site which claims to have the firmware and allows people to upgrade.

Why would the firmware not be released within Europe, and if I upgrade, would it cause problems since I am operating it within Europe?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maks

look man i was in ur situation from 2 dayz but the difference that i am frm egypt ... i searched & found the same site u added here & downloaded the firmware & installed it with the pheonix & now i have the 5.11 & there are no big difference....... just more powerful bass ..... but u hav to know if u gona do it ..... its risky.. just wanted to tell u cuz i was the same as u now ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maks

forgot to tell u ..... no problems with the operator ... lool...srry

Advertisement