Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 200w SD card size

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

Whats the maximum sized SD card that the Garmin nuvi 200w can handle. Has anyone been able to deploy an SDHC card into these devices? And what size? Or does it max out at 2GB?

The maximum card size I have is 1GB, and am considering getting a bigger card for the device, just need to ascertain what size to buy.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The 'specs' section on the 200W information pages doesn't give any upper limit for SD cards but 4GB is a good price point these days and should be sufficient for anything you might want to store on it, including additional map regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Thanks, but the lack of specs is the reason for my question.

If I do get a 4Gb card, and the Garmin doesn't support it, it'll be pretty much useless for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Here you go, copied & pasted from the Nuvi FAQs..

Question: What is the largest SD card that my nüvi can use?

Answer:

If your nüvi has the latest version of operating software, there is no limit to the size of data card that it can accept. The nüvi units are compatible with both normal Secure Digital (SD) data cards and Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) data cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

coylemj wrote: »
    Here you go, copied & pasted from the Nuvi FAQs..

Question: What is the largest SD card that my nüvi can use?

Answer:

If your nüvi has the latest version of operating software, there is no limit to the size of data card that it can accept. The nüvi units are compatible with both normal Secure Digital (SD) data cards and Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) data cards.

Cheers for that!

Advertisement