Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windproof Umbrella

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

A windproof umbrella? Seen them advertised on the net... but is there anywhere in Dublin that sells them?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

A golf shop is your best bet. They have a sort of venting system to allow air to pass through, about 20-30 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Seems like a great idea, let me know if they bring out 'Look where you're ****in going and don't poke out my ****in eyes in crowded places' Umbrellas, then we're all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Thems were selling them in Lidl last week. My mammy got me one. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I did have a look at the structure. It's basically made out of sturdy rubber instead of weak metal. Fantastic idea, said I.

They might still have a few knockin' around.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AndyP wrote: »
    A golf shop is your best bet. They have a sort of venting system to allow air to pass through, about 20-30 quid.
    A bit off topic but why are golfers permitted to use umbrellas while playing. It doesn't happen in any other sport that I'm aware of!

Excuse my ignorance but I don't play the game myself (as I'm still sexually active).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are they not just called coats with a hood?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I don't play the game myself (as I'm still sexually active).

HAHAHA that's the first time boards has made me actually laugh out loud.

Do you mind if I use that line in the future!? :D

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Do you mind if I use that line in the future!? :D
    It's all yours! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

WindSock wrote: »
    Seems like a great idea, let me know if they bring out 'Look where you're ****in going and don't poke out my ****in eyes in crowded places' Umbrellas, then we're all sorted.

They have them they are called see trough plastic umbrellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

What about this one?

dlbuy.jpg

990484562_0d20b33c_p1989ex5.gif

Even comes with 'Look where you're ****in going and don't poke out my ****in eyes in crowded places' corners!

p1989ex1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

A bit off topic but why are golfers permitted to use umbrellas while playing. It doesn't happen in any other sport that I'm aware of!

Excuse my ignorance but I don't play the game myself (as I'm still sexually active).

I assume that is a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm thinking cos it's the only sport where a servant is always at hand.

OT: just buy a decent jacket, it'll keep you dryer and people like me won't think your a prick every time it rains.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'm thinking cos it's the only sport where a servant is always at hand
    I think that's only for the professionals. I'd imagine that ordinary golfers have to carry their own implements.

Advertisement