Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Third Lightning Detector Live.

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Steve from Cloughfern in NI a member of our IRLWN has recently bought a detector and has gone live with his data. Steve joins myself and Danno with detectors sharing for the general public in Ireland.

Steve mentioned to me after i contacted him about the IRLWN awhile back that he found viewing the detectors down here very interesting so he thought he should get one for his area, i couldn't have agreed more with him.:D

http://sproule.co.uk/weather/stormvuelightning.html

This will improve triangulation with 3 detectors now for this country:)
    Atm i am pointing him in the direction of the triangulating software for him so he can incorporate his data using the WASP2 program.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Excellent news. Well done Steve. Does he post on this forum?

Also, his map looks rather different to the ones Snowbie and I have... why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I think he produced the map himself Dan.
    I don't think he posts here although i sent him a link to here before. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I noticed today that my StormVue was off line since I got Eircom Broadband on the 16th October, put it back online and data is flowing once again.

Advertisement