Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Problem?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that, even with a working internet connection, you have problems sending email?

When i was living abroad my mother would send me emails but i wouldn't receive a lot of them, i just put it down to lack of knowledge on her part or the fact she was using an eircom account.

Now that i'm back i'm sending emails to a friend of mine and she apparently hasn't received a couple of them either. So, i'm a little confused, my connection is fine, i'm sending to a hotmail account from a hotmail account, i can't see any reason why they wouldn't be received.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What have you entered for your outgoing/smtp server settings?or is it online hotmail?
    Do the e-mails appear like they have been sent?
    Any bounce back messages?

It could be you have the wrong smtp server entered or it could be that as it is a hotmail account that it is being tagged as spam on his side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm using the hotmail website to send the mails, and they're in my 'sent mail' folder with no bounced back messages.

Plus i'm using a different computer to the one my mother was using when she would send me mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Could be in the other persons SPAM folder but i doubt it as hotmail normally lets all sorts of spam through.
    Couple things to check.
    1. You sent to correct address
    2. Get other user to check spam folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you're both using the Hotmail web interface, check the Junk folder to make sure that nobody has been added to that blacklisting, or contact Hotmail as the issue is unlikely to be on your end.

Advertisement