Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromium as a Fat Burner

• 20-10-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Here's one for the more learned than me. I recently read online that chromium is a good supplement to take to burn fat. Does anyone know if this is true? obviously I mean as part fo a healthy diet. pros/cons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I read "The Fat Burner Diet" by Patrick Holford last year and he recommended taking chromium. I followed his plan for a while, which is just basically a highly moderated form of a low GI plan, and took the chromium.

Like with the majority of supplements I have tried in the past, I haven't noticed any difference.

I did lose weight on the plan, but that's because it's very strict and the portions are small, regardless of your body-size. I have no idea whether or not the chromium helped. In my experience, when you eat well and exercise regularly, you lose weight, with or without supplements.

My honest opinion is that it's a waste of money.

I know it's only wiki, this link might be helpful to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I'm too lazy to look them up right now, but I definitely remember reading studies that found that while Chromium can be useful for regulating blood glucose, it has no track record for fat loss. If you have insulin problems or think you may be , then taking chromium may be useful. Otherwise, it won't do much for you.

Green tea is probably a better bet as a fat burner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was a lad on TV3's morning program a few weeks ago, he had advice on all sorts of addictions, from sugar to heroin. He had a book and a seminar, he seemed sensible enough, no wild claims etc.

He mentioned chromium several times on the program, said it stopped cravings for chocolate and some other foods.

So perhaps it will help you lose fat, not by being a fat burner but stopping you scoffing stuff that makes you fat!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Woofer

Thanks for the replies. Maybe i'll try it out and let ye know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

rubadub wrote: »
    said it stopped cravings for chocolate

must remember never to take chromium. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement