Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought a phone from china on the net?

• 20-10-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

if so can you recommend a website and also was everything ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't bother, who's going to fix it if it goes wrong?!!

I'm currently in the middle of a paypal dispute...:mad:

Are there no Irish ones that will do you...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Got an N82 from Hong Kong about a month ago on ebay. The seller had loads of good feedback for similar stuff so it was pretty safe. No complaints so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

aye, i got an N78 through eBay from hongkong.
    other than the favourites all being in chinese or japanese.

I had 2 small issues, which you may want to take into account.
    1) The google maps had a 3month trial maps or what ever... but after i activated it i found out that it was for hong kong. not much good flying along the M50. not that i used that facility.
    2) Another big issue specifically for this phone was the FM Transmitter (i think this is the only nokia with an FM Transmitter). was that for some countries transmitting on FM is illegal so it was disabled.

I'm not really bothered about the maps. i have google maps if i *really* need it, and i figured out about the 2nd issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,468 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

did ye caught by customs lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

did ye caught by customs lads?

hmmm thats a good question heh. i dont think so. i think he marked it as a gift. which it was ! sincei gave him all that money.

which reminds me i think i haveto pay import duty on something. vageuly remember seeing a letter hmmmm. *shrugs* :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

Another issue would be getting the MMS setting - as some of the models are not supported in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,129 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Barr wrote: »
    Another issue would be getting the MMS setting - as some of the models are not supported in Ireland.

?

any of the nokias will be fine, settings are the same on them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cyrus wrote: »
    ?

any of the nokias will be fine, settings are the same on them all

Can they be repaired under warranty in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No customs charges for me:) Its luck of the dice though, they check a certain percentage of packages coming through.

Advertisement