Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rats are starting to abandon the sinking ship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

didnt some PD recently join FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Please don't call it an atrocity.

It weakens the word, in the same way that every teacher is now a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

surely these "outraged" tds should actually quit their 120k a year +expenses jobs
    or maybe offer to live on the average wage and put the rest into a fund for medical care for rich pensioners ....?

whatya mean there not really outraged ?
    whatya mean its just a stunt?
    whatya mean theyll be back in the party by the next election ?
    im shocked.... truely shocked....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Finian McGrath has pulled his support officially now http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhidcwqlojey/

If Cowen doesn't plug the leaks in his ship soon he might have a serious problem with the vote Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Villain wrote: »
    If Cowen doesn't plug the leaks in his ship soon he might have a serious problem with the vote Wednesday night.

The government since the passing of Seamus Brennan have had a majority of 12 have now lost the votes of Joe Behan & possibly Finian McGrath ... therefore reducing the majority down to just only 8 (with John ODonoghue, Ceann Comhairle unable to vote on this) ...

Fine Gael have withdrawn pairs for the vote on Wednesday except for the Taoiseach and 2 of his ministers who will be in China on a trade mission which puts pressure on every other FF TD and those supporting the Government if they are to retain the majority ...

Jackie Healy-Rae has said that he won't accept the removal of the automatic right to a medical card for those over 70; won't accept any means-test at all so ...

What should be fairly straightforward for the Government is looking increasing doubtful. (http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1020/6news_av.html?2438471,null,230)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This morning two Galway PD Councillors have just handed in their resignation from the Progressive Democrats over the removal of automatic medical cards from the over 70s. City councillor Terry O'Flaherty and County councillor Thomas Welby

http://www.galwaynews.ie/5358-galway-pds-resign-over-medical-card-controversy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This morning two Galway PD Councillors have just handed in their resignation from the Progressive Democrats over the removal of automatic medical cards from the over 70s. City councillor Terry O'Flaherty and County councillor Thomas Welby

http://www.galwaynews.ie/5358-galway-pds-resign-over-medical-card-controversy
    An astonishingly brave move given that the PDs are expected to be wound up in a fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

The same party that wants privatized health care.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

turgon wrote: »
    The same party that wants privatized health care.
    No.
    Thats all I can say without banging my head off a wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

At what point will the Greens jump ship? I would say the search for lifevests has started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I fully expect the Greens to be the last ones out. Even after FF guts itself. The Greens seems to have developed that well-trained discipline that SF used to employ, and a single-minded dedication to their policies at all costs. However when they do go and have to face the electorate I don't see their complete political demise as unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

To my regret, I voted green last election. never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

is_that_so wrote: »
    The Greens seems to have .....a single-minded dedication to their policies at all costs.

Really ? The party that sold out two of its promises immediately that it was elected ?

Re the FF rats abandoning ship - too little, too late. A few should have stood up for their constituents and the country's views on issues such as Aer Lingus, the use of Shannon, wastefulness, corruption, inflation and creating an overly-expensive Ireland with feck-all public services, 100% mortgages, and loads of other stuff.....

Then we mightn't have been in this mess in the first place......

Advertisement