Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grant woes anyone ever been in this position

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I was on the dole from may to Sept. Got accepted for a FETAC course at the end of Sept. Applied for the bte grant and was turned down because I wasn't in receipt of jobseeker's up until the end of Sept. The reason I signed off early was that I had an accident in my Dad's car and was only third party insured so had to take a couple of weeks casual work. I'm going to take my case to my local counsellor as I can't find a job with suitable hours to facilitate my course and am really afraid I'll have to drop out altogether, it's taken me a long time to continue my education and the thoughts of having to drop out just kills me

Please reply or pm me with any advice/experience you have with pursuing TDs
    cheers m

Advertisement