Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Taxi Fare

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

Anybody know the cost of a taxi fare to the airport? (from Greystones)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

I've paid between €65 (early morning) & €90 (rush hour) to South Bray (Vevay Rd) so probably add another €15 or €20 on to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ouch - hope the aircoach is still going through Greystones at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its is, but its €18 a ticket, so I suppose if theres 3 or 4 of you it might be worth getting a cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vicoswimmer

Taxi fare from Greystones to Airport before 6:00 is around 95 euro.
    From Airport to Greystones after 20:00 is usually between 95-100 euro

loyatemu wrote: »
    its is, but its €18 a ticket, so I suppose if theres 3 or 4 of you it might be worth getting a cab.

Would that not be a return ticket though?

That's some fare for what is no more than an hours drive off peak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

€18 is the return fair.

One way is €12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Im going away next Saturday and its costing me €55 + 11cent for a text message!! for the car at Quickpark. (7 days)

You arrive home knackered, no messing or waiting (if the car starts!!):D

SickCert wrote: »
    Im going away next Saturday and its costing me €55 + 11cent for a text message!! for the car at Quickpark. (7 days)

You arrive home knackered, no messing or waiting (if the car starts!!):D
    Yeah... who'd want to use unreliable public transport! Pfffft

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Taxi fare using Bray Taxis is €80.
    (I got it on Sunday)

Coming back from the airport is circa. €95, thanks to the meters of our beloved taxi service.

I really dont know how they manage to put food on the table... just as well they got that extra increase in fares. Poor chaps.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Yeah... who'd want to use unreliable public transport! Pfffft

;)

Tell me about it!
    First thing i see on returning is a bus - tears...............:)

• Advertisement

Look on the bright side. Not everyone gets to go on a busman's holiday!

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Dmckeown wrote: »
    Taxi fare using Bray Taxis is €80.
    (I got it on Sunday)

Coming back from the airport is circa. €95, thanks to the meters of our beloved taxi service.

I really dont know how they manage to put food on the table... just as well they got that extra increase in fares. Poor chaps.............

At the risk of being censured by a mod....

Because not every fare is from the airport to the ballygobackwards area where you live, for every fare that you would get to ballygobackwards at €95 you probably get 40 going to Swords,North City or City Centre at a price of €10 to €30.... some people just don't deserve to be allowed in a Taxi :)

"ballygobackwards area"? Charlesland is literally just a few minutes from the N11.

"some people just don't deserve to be allowed in a Taxi"

Yeah, what a treat.

Save it for the 10 page AH threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Spook_ie wrote: »
    for every fare that you would get to ballygobackwards at €95 you probably get 40 going to Swords,North City or City Centre

Airport -> Greystones and back = 2 hours or so. You really think you'd clock up 40 fares in that time. Surely you'd end up spending most of that time in the "kesh"

Loyatemu, please don't feed the troll.

I'll take the same advice - I know you wanted to say it to me as well!

eoin_s wrote: »
    I'll take the same advice - I know you wanted to say it to me as well!

:P

:pac:

Airport -> Greystones and back = 2 hours or so. You really think you'd clock up 40 fares in that time. Surely you'd end up spending most of that time in the "kesh"

I think you misunderstood..

For every fare that you get thats €100+ you get 30 fares that are less than €30, not in the time it takes to do the fare....doh!

I will accept your apology in advance, because I ain't no troll, I am a taxi driver and I take issue with anyone who posts throwaway comments such as

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Excuse me for voicing the opinion of the populus in general!!
    Take a random sample of drivers at any taxi rank in Dublin and you will see an enormous percentage of Chrystlers, Mercedes and other high spec marques. All either new, or certainly within 2/3 yrs of age...

Certainly not indicative a work force living on the bread line.

Take issue all you wish, however the fact remains that it is a vastly overpaid profession.

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I will accept your apology in advance, because I ain't no troll, I am a taxi driver and I take issue with anyone who posts throwaway comments such as
    Rubbish remarks like
    not every fare is from the airport to the ballygobackwards
    mark you out as a troll. Your profession doesn't exempt you from being a troll.

If you have issues with posts report them. Before you post again, read the charter.

Is that enough of an apology for you?

Thread locked. OP's question answered. Everything else is irrelevant. Taxi rants belong in Commuting and Transport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement