Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking converting my Nissan terrano II from commercial to passenger

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi All,

If been thinking of this for a while now.

Has anyone, any experience with this IE. cost, who does it etc.

Thanks

B1ackr0se

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It would not be worth doing.

I'd say it would cost approximately €5,000 in parts and labour to turn it back into a passenger vehicle when you factor in the cost of seats, belts, windows and then you have to undo the seatbelt welds and also the floor. Then on top of this you will need to pay VRT on it as it's being changed from commercial to private, then factor in the change in annual road tax from €277 now to €1,109 when converted to private.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Absolutely no way is it worth the time, effort and money. And in some cases, they weld over the holes where they took the seats out, windows car be disconnected, oh the list goes on. Really i wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It would be more economical to just trade it for a passenger Terrano, they are pretty cheap these days.

Advertisement