Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MICK FOLEY QUESTION!!!

• 20-10-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

hey,

I was reading the Hardcore Diaries there recently, and there were certain allusions made in the book that i didnt get the first time i read it and still dont now.

difference is im a member of this forum now, and you guys seem to know yiz shiz.

so what is the story with HHH bein a bit of an oul bollocks?
    and with flair and foley?

also....if anyones read it? wanna discuss it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So its 3 questions, and only one about Foley ;)

I stopped reading it, as it is rubbish.

Re HHH, lets not start on that again. Best bet is type HHH into search here and see what the general vibe is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

so what is the story with HHH bein a bit of an oul bollocks?

It seems that HHH has a problem with everyone saying without the feud(s) with Foely he wouldnt be where he is today. Foley is in my opinion is hyper sensitive and the fact HHH rarely if ever gives Mick props for helping him to establish himself as main eventer bothers Foley.
    and with flair and foley?

Foley was critical about Flair in his first book. As Foley thought Flair sabotaged him in WCW. Flair maintained in his book he couldnt do nothing of the sort as all he was concerned about was keeping his own job as wrestler/booker. In Flair's book called Foley as glorified stunt man and compared him to Brutus Beefcake as Flair wanted to issue a receipt to Foely's comments in his book eventhough Flair never read it and only knew second hand what Foley said. They eventually worked everything out and worked together. They are now appartently on good terms.

In other words no one had more input into making HHH a main eventer compared to Foley by a very wide, inordinate margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Didn't Foley full-on bitch about Ric Flair's controversial antics in one of his books, though? Heard something about him suggesting that Flair was a sex-addict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Rovet, why do you double post so much?

• Advertisement

Didn't Foley full-on bitch about Ric Flair's controversial antics in one of his books, though? Heard something about him suggesting that Flair was a sex-addict.

Nope beside the stories everyone else tells.
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    Rovet, why do you double post so much?

So much?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wait? Flair is a sex adict? Who would have guessed it

>_____>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

gimmick wrote: »

I stopped reading it, as it is rubbish.
    me too. i loved foleys first book, i was a big fan. the hardcore diaries are so bitter than i'm just not arsed with him anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

DRakE wrote: »
    me too. i loved foleys first book, i was a big fan. the hardcore diaries are so bitter than i'm just not arsed with him anymore

they really are, hes such a moany cu*t in it really.

and imo he has no right to be bitter, his storyline ideas are totally woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

I always thought Foley was a bit of hypocritical character. He likes to keep things PG on the mic', while he's had some of the most violent matches in WWF history. He's like a strange mixture of Hulk Hogan and Necrobutcher. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hardly, he's a guy who does what his boss tells him, simple as.
    If you read his previous books, you'd know that he was the first to defend WWE during the PTC around 99-00, when he was able to count a lot more violence in shows like E.R, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hardly, he's a guy who does what his boss tells him, simple as.
    If you read his previous books, you'd know that he was the first to defend WWE during the PTC around 99-00, when he was able to count a lot more violence in shows like E.R, etc.

whats that?

The nazi's who try to pull shows off television because the parents of Little Joey scream concern, yet see fit to let him sit there when CSI is on!

It's also what the RTC were a pisstake of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The nazi's who try to pull shows off television because the parents of Little Joey scream concern, yet see fit to let him sit there when CSI is on!

CSI's a bad example: http://www.parentstv.org/ptc/shows/main.asp?shwid=346 :pac:

The book was interesting in a certain way. It revealed more of a different side to Mick

Fozzy wrote: »

That was exactly my point Foz.
    Parents will bitch about the likes of Pro Wrestling, UFC etc.
    However there are some parents that will have no problem with their kids in the room while CSI is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Movies are the ones that suffer these days. You'll never see Carnage in a Spider-man film because Sony will never make a Rated R film. The British Film Censor Board was vilified for only making TDK 12A, even though there was no dwelling on blood, injury or violence(their own rules for a 12A). And I'm pretty sure we're not going to get a rated R Terminator film come June.:rolleyes:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure we're not going to get a rated R Terminator film come June.:rolleyes:

At the risk of going off topic here, but after Rise Of The Machines, i'm hoping i'll never see another Terminator movie again.

Advertisement