Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Welfare Allowance

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi all I have a query that I could really really use some advice on.

I lost my job at the end of July 08. I signed on in Aug and to date my claim is still being processed.

I've had no money so I was able to get the supplementary welfare allowance for 5 weeks, then I had to apply to get it extended as initally they only give it for 5 weeks. So since mid sep I've been on the supplementary welfare allowance.

I've done all the paper work in the dole office. I've met with the inspector, everything!

My situation is this: I've been offered a job in France. they want me to start on Nov 2nd. If I go, obviously I can't collect my supplementary welfare allowance at the post office every Thursday. And I will have to work the first month in hand. So does anyone have any advice?

I heard before that you can go to the welfare officer who processed your supplementary welfare allowance claim and plead your case for some financial assistance. I'm wondering will this work.

I'm going to have alot of expenses (rent, flights, relocation etc) so since I'll have to work a month in hand if I could get financial help from the welfare officer that would tide me over for a while.

I'm unsure if they will give me money but I'll be off the social welfare books as soon as I start my new job.

Also how will I go about getting back dated dole payments if I go abroad?

Any help would really be appreciated. The field I work in has no job opportunities in Ireland so I've actuallly been lucky to get this one in France but financially I know its going to be tough at the start.

Please advise....
    Tagged:

Advertisement