Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony ericsson c902 problem

• 20-10-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with text messaging on the c902,

on the whole texts send fine from the phone, but over the last few days i've noticed that when i reply to messages from one particular number in my phone book, i constantly get message failed.

If i save the reply to drafts, edit the recipients by deleting the contact and putting it back in, the message sends without any problem, also if i select "write new message" and enter the contact the message will send.

so the issue seems to only be with the reply function, with that particular contact.

anyone having similar issues or know of any solutions to this, please?

edit: i've tried deleting and re-entering the contact and moving it from sim to phone memory with no change.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are you getting a instant message failed or is the message failing after a while....could the problem be on the recievers side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Are you getting a instant message failed or is the message failing after a while....could the problem be on the recievers side?

it's coming back instantly. so it's not even sending to the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

foinse wrote: »
    it's coming back instantly. so it's not even sending to the network.

have you tried resetting the phone setting (not the master reset) and removing the battery and sim for a minute......can you ring the prerson fine using the contact menu?

strange problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

foinse wrote: »
    Hi all,

just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with text messaging on the c902,

on the whole texts send fine from the phone, but over the last few days i've noticed that when i reply to messages from one particular number in my phone book, i constantly get message failed.

If i save the reply to drafts, edit the recipients by deleting the contact and putting it back in, the message sends without any problem, also if i select "write new message" and enter the contact the message will send.

so the issue seems to only be with the reply function, with that particular contact.

anyone having similar issues or know of any solutions to this, please?

edit: i've tried deleting and re-entering the contact and moving it from sim to phone memory with no change.

you can't reply to some webtexts. ask if they send their messages from the web.

have you tried resetting the phone setting (not the master reset) and removing the battery and sim for a minute......can you ring the prerson fine using the contact menu?

strange problem....

yeah i tried that one alright, and i can ring them no bother.

neilled might be onto something there,the person i'm texting would use webtext quite a bit when in work. it's something i can start with anyway....never heard of there being a problem with replying to webtext though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

yeah its a known issue and it applies across a range of phones. If you look at the actual number that its sent from, instead of coming up as +353, it'll come up as 00353........ that normally indicates a webtext

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

I have the same problem replying to messages that were sent via webtext even though the senders contact name appears in my inbox.

I am with 3 and have a SonyEricsson K800i.

I just type the message and get the contact from my phone instead of just replying.
    I thought it was a network issue at first but now that I hear this may it's a SonyEricsson issue.

neilled wrote: »
    yeah its a known issue and it applies across a range of phones. If you look at the actual number that its sent from, instead of coming up as +353, it'll come up as 00353........ that normally indicates a webtext

and the prize of my thanks goes to nellied, just checked the numbers in the messages and the ones i can't reply to are from 00353, all the others appear as they have been entered in my phonebook.

thanks again, while it's still annoying at least i now know what the problem is.
    SEORG wrote:
    I just type the message and get the contact from my phone instead of just replying.
    I thought it was a network issue at first but now that I hear this may it's a SonyEricsson issue.

yeah again annoying to have to do, but it looks like the only solution. cheers

Advertisement