Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable II 10/10 from Eurogamer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hate the menu in the game.... it's so fecking slow.

And you have to keep going into it and through sub menus to do simple things like eating a particular type of food to get your thinness up.

Also... why when I finally battled my way to Bloodstone was my wife who lives in Oakfield sitting in the bar there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea it's lost its shine fairly quickly tbh. At first I was taken by the art style and the world they created, but once I started to see how hollow the social stuff really was and started focussing on questing it's all gotten very bland. It's a pity they couldn't come up with a story as creative as Eurogamer's review :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I didnt even try the mage stuff much and thats meant to be the deepest,

The magic isn't that deep at all, tbh. I decided to max out my fireball spell and it kind of took the fun out of combat. All I had to do was run into the middle of a crowd and charge it to max. When I release it, it'd kill everyone. There's some nice visuals (like guys running around on fire and then ploughing into a tree) and the dialogue from the enemies can be funny.

I'm, still having a lot of fun with it, but it does seem very uneven in places. The sound is really annoying. When you're talking to someone and it comes up to press L1 to look at something. The way the sound is set up is that the voice comes from a certain spot and the further away you are, the harder it is to hear. So when you press L1, your view goes off to focus on something else, and you can no longer hear what the person is telling you. I ended up having to turn on subtitles.

Also, I don't see my wife for a day and she gives out to me. I head off to the Spire for ten years and the first thing she says is taht she likes my shoes.

And, you leave the game over night and any property you own that you have an income on, keeps on giving you money. But again, you head off for ten years and it doesn't keep giving you money. Now, granted it'd be silly to come back and be a multi-billionaire, but I'd of like to have gotten something out of it.

Finally, the most uneven parts of the game relate to you. You can become incredibly evil in a matter of minutes, but being good is an uphill struggle and just seems to get you nowhere. I also only do good things but I still have a rating of 9 corruption. And why am I so fat? I don't even eat in the game, but I can't get thin.

It's too much like real life. I'm overweight and women won't sleep with me. :(

But it's still a lot of fun though. I can't wait to start again being evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is it true there is a gypo camp where you can have an orgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is it true there is a gypo camp where you can have an orgy?

yes... but I don't see what that has to do with this game :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

humanji wrote: »
    It's too much like real life. I'm overweight and women won't sleep with me. :(

Quote of the thread:D Some good stuff, I'm damned however if I am buying a new console to play it. Guess I'll just have to wait for the PC release:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I completed it yesterday. Did pretty much all the quests too... well the ones that weren't broken for me anyway. It really is pretty short... I guess that's so they can fob us off with downloadable content later.

As for the ending...
    bit anti-climatic... no boss battle or anything.

Oh... and the Love Hurts quest is horribly broken for me... anyone else have problems with that one?

Only copped the gargoyle thing late on in the game... they really should have highlighted that aspect of the game at some point at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I spent half the game trying to find the scottish F*CKER who kept making fun of me until I found out it was the gargoyles *sigh* they p*ssed me off in a good way, cause of the abuse they kept hurling I really wanted to shoot every last fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

This game sounds more appealing than Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

*revives old thread*

Got this for xmas, loving it so far and I generally do not like RPGs, but I do like real-time hack'n'slash fests :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got this today too,but im stuck,I cant find the village where you need to find the abbott,can anyone help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If that's your active quest you should just have to follow the sparkly line thingy to lead you there? I got there today. If you come to a broken bridge you're going the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Stephen wrote: »
    *revives old thread*

Got this for xmas, loving it so far and I generally do not like RPGs, but I do like real-time hack'n'slash fests :)

Also just started and quite like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

This game is utter rubbish. I wasn't expecting much but even then its fallen far short.

Some of the graphics look a decade old. The polygon count and textures are horribly low detailed. Gameplay is fairly poor as well. Its miles off the standard of Fallout 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well it's not exactly a competitor to Fallout 3...

The graphics were quite poor, and the framerate surprisingly bad in places, but it was still a fine game.
    My only real complaints were the ridiculously easy difficulty level and lifespan of the main quest

tman wrote: »
    Well it's not exactly a competitor to Fallout 3...

The graphics were quite poor, and the framerate surprisingly bad in places, but it was still a fine game.
    My only real complaints were the ridiculously easy difficulty level and lifespan of the main quest

They are pretty major complaints in fairness. Its an RPG like Fallout so the comparison stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

More of an action-adventure than a RPG in my opinion, but Pete Moleneux calls it an RPG as well so I guess you're right.
    They're games from opposite ends of the spectrum though, it's like comparing Mass Effect with Lost Odyssey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Never got into it. Played it for 2 hours in total at a maximum. Saying that my brother enjoyed it.

There are far better RPGs out there for the Xbox 360 - Mass Effect, Oblivion etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'll wait for the metacritic review and the price to drop, as is my custom.

Overheal wrote: »
    I'll wait for the metacritic review and the price to drop, as is my custom.
    Its out months and the price is €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Its out months and the price is €20.

Where is it €20? I don't think I've seen it anywhere for under €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Where is it €20? I don't think I've seen it anywhere for under €30.

Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    Argos.

Ta.

I think that Argos sale is over. On the website it says its 59.99 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI, the DLC for Fable 2 is out next week.
    Knothole Island will cost you 800.

There will also be a free content update for the regular game, with new weapons and accessories, and access to 50 new leaderboards on lionhead.com.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fable-ii-dlc-dated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just bought the game today...not even put it in yet.

Any tips ??

Best way to make money ? / more beneficial to be good or evil ? / Best weapon or should i use magic ?

As most of you have played it or completed it..what would you avoid the 2nd time round so I can learn from YOUR mistakes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DLC was released today...
    Price: 800 Microsoft Points
    Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
    Dash Text:[ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD,LANGUAGE,USE OF ALCOHOL,VIOLENCE] Discover new quests, locations, characters and more in the premium Knothole Island download. Meet Gordon the submariner in the Bowerstone docks, where you'll be showered with unique gifts to entice you to the mysterious island. There you will embark on new adventures, fight new creatures and find Albion's rarest weapons, clothes and potions. You will also be able to check your standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com. If you have the Knothole Island (Premium) pack and want to play co-op in any part of Albion, your co-op partner must have the Fable II Knothole Island (Free) or (Premium) pack. To enjoy the complete Knothole Island experience in co-op play, both players must download the Knothole Island (Premium) pack.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/01/13/dlc-fable-ii-knothole-island.aspx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just bought the game today...not even put it in yet.

Any tips ??

Best way to make money ? / more beneficial to be good or evil ? / Best weapon or should i use magic ?

As most of you have played it or completed it..what would you avoid the 2nd time round so I can learn from YOUR mistakes :P

For money, play the property market as soon as you can. Take a couple of menial jobs first to earn a bit of cash (get up to the higher job combos and you can rake it in), then spend on it on some decent houses / shops and you will start getting a steady stream of income (great turning on the game after a few days of inactivity and receiving a massive amount of cash as you earn when not playing).

Good ftw. Always good ftw!

And as for combat: magic>weapons. Start learning the more effective spells (fire one for me) and once you reach level 4 or five you can wipe out a whole screen worth of enemies in one foul swoop. Although you should still mix it up a bit - will be a while before you have enough EXP to level up your spells so keep your swords and guns at the best you can too: still can be very useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone bought the DLC yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Mr E wrote: »

I don't support DLC. Merely encourages developers to take stuff that should have been in the game and charge for it.

Advertisement