Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable II 10/10 from Eurogamer

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I disagree completely. DLC is a means of adding life to a game that you may otherwise never touch again. In the case of Fable II, the game itself was a self contained game that people play for 10+ hours and then perhaps never play again. Many people finished it last year, and its now gathering dust on the shelf. The DLC is a reason to go back to a game you loved to have a new adventure - a standalone adventure that is separate from the main quest (more or less ;)) and adds value to the main game itself with new items, clothes, weapons etc. Its not like they are adding extra quests to the main quest to force you to have to play the whole thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Mr E wrote: »
    I disagree completely. DLC is a means of adding life to a game that you may otherwise never touch again. In the case of Fable II, the game itself was a self contained game that people play for 10+ hours and then perhaps never play again. Many people finished it last year, and its now gathering dust on the shelf. The DLC is a reason to go back to a game you loved to have a new adventure - a standalone adventure that is separate from the main quest (more or less ;)) and adds value to the main game itself with new items, clothes, weapons etc. Its not like they are adding extra quests to the main quest to force you to have to play the whole thing again.

The speed at which the DLC is brought out seems to suggest to me that it could have been included in the original game. Then you have DLC like an extra character or something ridiculous. Greedy! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm all for DLC that adds value to game. I will never ever ever ever pay money for a theme or new gamer pics.

Or pointless DLC (like the Dead Space add-ons from last year). Some of them really did seem like they were cut from the game at the last minute, only to be sold at a later date.

Advertisement