Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscrone Surf?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hey just looking for some advice from more experienced surfers, Im thinking of heading west this wednesday to enniscrone id describe myself as intermediate level and was wondering how risky the break is or is there any hazards I should be aware of?

appreciate any advice cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Every beach differs depending on the swell and weather conditions

Have a look at the forecast for next week Strong SW winds on saturday 30knt+ if it holds I'd find a high stool

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Enniscrone doesn't really have any hazards, no currents as well i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Enniscrone doesn't really have any hazards, no currents as well i think!

I've seen it with a strong cross shore rip also very strong off shore winds, do you want to get blown out to sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

How'd you fare Summit?

Enniscrone is generally a safe beach. Have seen a pull from left to right (facing out to sea) toward the rocks on occasion, though nothing you couldnt paddle out of if you kept your wits about you.

Overall, good place to improve your surfing.

Advertisement