Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on warranty

Options
  • 20-10-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I bought a second hand car last May from a garage where I also obtained a years warranty. Last week the srs light came on so I brought it to a garage to get a diagnostic done on it. The results show that the passenger seat recognition pad needs replacing and there is a fault in the wiring loom to the steering wheel. The garage are now refusing to pay for it because they say electrics are not covered in their warranty....In my opinion this is a safety issue?? Can they do this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What does it say in the warranty? You mean May 2008 yeah?
    Imo everything that's faulty with car should be covered, except drivers faults such as hitting a curb.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need to read the terms and conditions of your warranty. Most used car warranties only include engine and gearbox unless it is something like Toyota Cover or Nissan Gold Stanard, etc. If this is what was agreed in your warranty then the garage cannot be expected to pay if it is not under the terms of the warranty.

Unfortunately people take for granted that a used car warranty is like a manufacturer's warranty and includes everything from bumper to bumper which is not the case.

However you could ask the garage as a goodwill gesture to contribute in some way to the cost of the parts or labour. Again they are under no obligation to do so but a goodwill gesture on their part could be seen as maintaining you as a regular customer of theirs.

Advertisement