Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N96 unlocked

• 20-10-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm thinking of getting a n96 that is unlocked but i was talking to someone who said you wont be able to get onto the 3 portal (im on 3 pay as you go)and stream videos, use the gps as it does not come with the 3 software on the phone.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You can get it on 3 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

ye gave them a call but none in stock might wait but the one i was looking at is on ebay and is cheaper....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

If anyone wants their Nokia unlocked, let me know, I can unlock them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Chaos wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm thinking of getting a n96 that is unlocked but i was talking to someone who said you wont be able to get onto the 3 portal (im on 3 pay as you go)and stream videos, use the gps as it does not come with the 3 software on the phone.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

Thanks
    John

"someone" doesn't know what they're talking about
    Of course it will work on 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If you are near a 3 store call them. Customer care will only tell you if its available online not through a store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Chaos wrote: »
    but i was talking to someone who said you wont be able to get onto the 3 portal
    It's a web page so there are no problems accessing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I think what they were referring to is that 3 have an actual application on their phones which will give you access to more stuff that if you didnt.
    I was about to move from my bill pay meteor to them until i found this out.

I was told there was a way to change the manufacturer ID and download the software which would give you access...
    but im a good boy and didnt even know what they were talking about.
    Are those my feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jasonraven8

If anyone wants their Nokia unlocked, let me know, I can unlock them all.
    Hi Please help me with my Nokia N96 trying to get an unlock code is like finding rocking horse sh**t

Hi Please help me with my Nokia N96 trying to get an unlock code is like finding rocking horse sh**t
    What network is the N96 locked too?, I can privide unlock codes for very few networks for the BB5 phones.

What network is the N96 locked too?, I can privide unlock codes for very few networks for the BB5 phones.
    hi
    it's locked to vodaphone
    thanks for the quick reply

• Advertisement

Vodafone UK, IRE ???

Vodafone UK, IRE ???
    Hi It's with U.K

Imei 356406021423917

Ok, PM on the way.

Hi I can cover the cost not a problem are you 100% sure it will work as i tried one off ebay and it didn't work at all.
    cheers

How many wrong codes have you entered? 3 wrong codes and the correct code will not even work. To be honest, I'd like to check the phone first to see how many codes have been used up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

Hi.
    I dont know much about all this technological stuff but I am out in the states at the minute. I have seen some ad's for the Nokia N96 and I like the look of it.
    My understanding so far is - I can buy the phone here then get it unlocked for the vodafone network back in Ireland.
    What I dont understand is, why are people mentioning 3?
    Would I have to sign up to the 3 network to use the internet on it?
    Would the phone work on my pay as you go Vodafone account?
    Oh yeah, I have 3's mobile internet. I would guess that is completley unrelated to my questions but said I would mention it just in case.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

How phone operators (like o2 or vodafone etc) try and keep the power after they sell you the phone is by locking it to use only on their network.... So its nice to be able to get online or with people like Columba around and find an unlocking code so you can use it where you want.

The OP asked about a specific program that 3 give on their mobiles (its alot nicer, gives you direct access to alot of 3 free sites.)
    If you have a PAYG Vodafone account you will be able to use that sim to get onto the internet.
    is 3's mobile internet for a laptop ? (three mobile broadband?) if so then its not related no.

Advertisement