Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Your favourite AC/DC album:

• 20-10-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Highway to hell

bluesy rock genius.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Powerage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

POLL TIME!
    DER NER NER NER NER NER NER NEERRRR!
    POLL TIME!
    DER NER NER NER NER NER NER NEERRRR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This thread definitely needs a poll. My vote will probably go to Back In Black but Highway to Hell runs it very close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Highway to hell will probably get my vote but Let There Be Rock has gotten so many plays. I'm in the minority in loving Ballbreaker I think but it's up there as one of my favorites as well. Back and Black is amazing and completely solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Flick of the Switch, it's just pure Rock n' Roll. Love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I like If You Want Blood. Best live album ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Getting the 80s off to a great start!

acdc_back_in_black1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Back In Black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

If You Want Blood......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I love the grittyness of Powerage, Riff Raff is dynamite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

BACK IN BLACK:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Blow Up Your Video

Its different and the best if ya ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Can't make up my mind. Any of the first eight (High Voltage to FTATR), but If You Want Blood has everything, really. Just the intro to that version of Riff Raff is enough for me; it's outrageously good, as is the solo in Let There Be Rock and the merciless delivery of Rosie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's a hard choice, every album has something on it I love.

Is it cheating to go for the AC/DC Live album, y'know, the Razor's Edge tour one? Because that had fantastic songs, and the guitars had a real hard bite to them, the sound guys for that tour were as gods among men.

If I had to go for a studio album, I think I'd have to go for Highway To Hell. There wasn't a single bad song, Bon Scott was giving it everything he had, and Angus' solos had a wonderful effortless quality to them that he doesn't always get right. And let's face it, Shot Down In Flames is a f*cking awesome song. A really, REALLY close second would be For Those About To Rock. There's a great feel to that album, like it says "Yeah, we're happy with Johnson on the mic, now let's do some rockin'!"

@ Sarky - yeah. I always loved For Those About to Rock, but it always seems to be one of their less well-rated albums. But sh*t there was some great songs on it and even some non-regulation ACDC type songs. Breaking the Rules was almost reggae and Spellbound was all the better for being slower.

I'm particularly fond of C.O.D. and Inject The Venom myself, just good ol' rock'n'roll and heavy bruiser respectively. Oh, and Let's Get It Up. Cracker of a tune.

It has long been a dream that someday I'll get to see them, and when I do, they'll play For Those About To rock, cannons and all. I might die happy there and then.

First proper gig I ever attended was ACDC back in late 1982, I think it was at the RDS. It was the For Those About to Rock tour and the cannons were there for the big finale. The first song was Hell's Bells, with BJ beating the ****e out of a huge bell with a hammer. Fantastic gig. Sat on a mate's shoulders and all you could smell was sweat, smoke and dope...

Hah, I was a few months old at that stage. Still, it's proof that AC/DC rock no matter how old you are...

Very true. I saw an interview with BJ the other night here on telly and he says they're coming to NZ, but probably not until 2010. Still, it's something to look forward to, even if I have to use a Zimmer frame to get up the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Powerage is the one, though Let There Be Rock is chock full of classics too. The others... there are some great albums but some filler too, these two are just solid gold all the way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

A vote here for 'Dirty deeds'. Some great stuff on it - title track and Ride on are standouts. All good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Powerage for me, and I love the rawness of Let there be rock , although I love all the Bon Scott era stuff, the interaction between him and Angus on Baby ,Please dont go, on 74 Jailbreak or the bagpipes on It's along way to the top if you wanna rock n roll. On the Let there be Rock video, he admitted he couldn't write a word of music ,only lyrics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

High Voltage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Powerage, without a doubt!!

"Gimme a Bullet" sends shivers down my spine everytime I here it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Back In Black and Highway To Hell are both equally perfect to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I like Back in Black and all, but it's sacrilege to pick any Brian Johnson album ahead of a Bon Scott one! :eek:

Hang your heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'll always have a soft spot for 'if you want blood', but If I have to choose a studio album I'd have to go with Powerage! Great record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bearhunter wrote: »
    First proper gig I ever attended was ACDC back in late 1982, I think it was at the RDS. It was the For Those About to Rock tour and the cannons were there for the big finale. The first song was Hell's Bells, with BJ beating the ****e out of a huge bell with a hammer. Fantastic gig. Sat on a mate's shoulders and all you could smell was sweat, smoke and dope...

I was at that too. Fantastic gig. Lets not forget the support act Y&T who were also great.

The only other time I saw AC/DC live was over at Donnington, with Van Halen(DLR), Ozzy, Gary Moore, Accept and Motley Crue! cant remember if that was before or after the RDS gig.

** edit** I thing Donnington was 84.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

" Highway to Hell " for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its gotta be Dirty Deeds.......

Whats a balls out rockin album. just love the song Ride On

Advertisement