Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobiles on Aircraft

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

They have it fitted to one of their A340 aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Actually just convert a toilet into a phone booth.

Shag that for a game of cowboys :rolleyes:
    I know which one I would rather have.
    I have once gotten sick as a dog on long haul flight, a carry on from getting food poisoning a few days previous and I would much rather have the use of a toilet than have a little cupboard so Johnny or Mary could phone someone to tell them they were flying at 35,000 feet.

Toilets are way more important than fecking phone booths in thre grand scheme of things.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed.

But if there were to allow mobiles onboard, I would prefer if they had to go to a designated area away from other passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I imagine the pricing will be expensive, probably the same as the current phone systems on aircraft. I dont see that people are going to be on their phones for very long at all. It would take long to go through your pay as you go top up at €3 a minute. I can't see the calls being any less than that at least initially.

Plus it would seem that initially the systems are only able to cope with calls being made by about 14 pax at a time.

Also on long haul flights there is the option to turn the cell off during the night time so that calls cannot be made.

I think it is a good thing and it would be great if it works for a blackberry so that emails could be sent an received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Also on long haul flights there is the option to turn the cell off during the night time so that calls cannot be made.
    How exactly do you define nightime on a long haul flight? The cell should either be on all the time or not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

You know what if I could TXT on an aeroplane I would find that more useful....

a) Silent
    b) I can tell people I am late or whatever

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

*Kol* wrote: »
    They have it fitted to one of their A340 aircraft.

They will gradually introduce the equipment on all their fleet. Just as FR will start to do soon.

The mobiles may only be used on aircraft with the equipment so you may still be stopped for quite a while on both these airlines.

Advertisement