Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snake poop! :P

Options
  • 20-10-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

OK guys just wondering if there is a snake pooper scooper I can buy?! Just a more efficent way to clean up after her yeno??

Also was wondering how many times a week I should bath her?? I do two-three times a week BUT I am not too sure if that is enough??
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

thats what i use. and 1 box last for ages.. isnt it great that they only poop once every 1-2 weeks:D

as for bathing. its not nessacary unless they are having a bad shed. keep your temps and humidity right and you should be grand!! but having said that some snakes may enjoy a swim in a bath of warm (not hot) water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

thats what i use. and 1 box last for ages.. isnt it great that they only poop once every 1-2 weeks:D

as for bathing. its not nessacary unless they are having a bad shed. keep your temps and humidity right and you should be grand!! but having said that some snakes may enjoy a swim in a bath of warm (not hot) water

Ya thats all grand untill you have 20 odd snakes at home, thats alot of poo per week lol.

Damp piece of tissue does the trick for scooping.

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Ya thats all grand untill you have 20 odd snakes at home, thats alot of poo per week lol.

Damp piece of tissue does the trick for scooping.

lol..... well i only have 1 so it works for me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

A scraper is what I use, like for getting wallpaper off walls. Disinfect and paper towels. Bathing depends on the species, I always leave a soaking bowl in for the pythons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I really wouldnt bath them unless they are having problems shedding. Their skin has secretions which is ness for good conditioning of their scales.

As for a pooper scooper for snakes, i also use a plastic paint scraper. Does the job nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Thats cool. I use they bacterial wipes aswell already and damp tissue I think that wall paper scraper thing you are talkin about sounds quite handy! I shall purchase one of those :D I do be mad particular about her crap and making sure I get it all up. Her pee is the worst bit I think :D
    As the baths go I think I will keep giving her them if its not doing her any harm I she seems to like them and I like giving them to her :D I will post a pic of her when I figure out how to use comps a little better lol

I have another question! I want to buy her a new enclosure, you guys know what kind?? I want to get a nice spacey one that will be good for her. I dont mind the price once its good quality and good for her :D

3yr old Corn btw :D;)

Nanook32 wrote: »
    Thats cool. I use they bacterial wipes aswell already and damp tissue I think that wall paper scraper thing you are talkin about sounds quite handy! I shall purchase one of those :D I do be mad particular about her crap and making sure I get it all up. Her pee is the worst bit I think :D
    As the baths go I think I will keep giving her them if its not doing her any harm I she seems to like them and I like giving them to her :D I will post a pic of her when I figure out how to use comps a little better lol

I have another question! I want to buy her a new enclosure, you guys know what kind?? I want to get a nice spacey one that will be good for her. I dont mind the price once its good quality and good for her :D

3yr old Corn btw :D;)

i got a 6ftx3x3 glass viv in reptile haven for 260 which i tought was a great price. only prob with them is they have a screen top so heating and humidity can be a problem

you could also try http://www.repdirect.reptile-community.com/cubecart/index.php they have some good wooden vivs with stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Ty Monthy. I will def check that out.
    That Reptile Haven place sounds pretty cool. You got a good deal there!!!

But yeah my main concern in the first place with getting a new house for her was the heat pads and humidity etc.... I will make sure to ask about all that stuff before I buy. Cause i'd hate to buy something that caused probs or just made things difficult when the one I have is grand atm just getting a little small for her.

Ty again guys :D:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

hey me too, got a 2year old corn. I got a 5ft wooden viv with glass front. Its nice and dark for them to hide in, but has a light in it also. I got it from ebay, a little cheaper then in stores but very good quality.

Advertisement