Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/most popular cocktails

Options
  • 20-10-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

So is everyone's favourite cocktail be-it simple, common, or one you invented yourself?

Rewards to those whole come up with an unusual/unique answer!

Favourite cocktail? 14 votes

Mojito
    0% 0 votes
    Cosmopolitan
    14% 2 votes
    Caipirinha
    0% 0 votes
    Whiskey Sour
    0% 0 votes
    White/Black Russian
    7% 1 vote
    Singapor Sling
    14% 2 votes
    Pina Colada
    7% 1 vote
    Margarita
    0% 0 votes
    Martini
    7% 1 vote
    Long Island Ice Tea
    7% 1 vote
    Bloody Mary
    14% 2 votes
    Daquiri
    7% 1 vote
    Sex on The Beach
    14% 2 votes
    Manhattan
    7% 1 vote
    Tequila Sunrise
    0% 0 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bloody Mary for me, or a Cubanito at a pinch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like a Bloody Mary too, but my favourite is Black Russian, made with Tia Maria and not Kahlua.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Mai Tai

Yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Grey Goose Martini and Mai Tai!

My cocktail:

American whisky shaken with almond syrup and frangellico. Strained into a chilled martini glass and a tiny dash of elderflower liquor.

Most popular cocktail at the moment:

Mojito! It changes every 2-3 years, before the Mojito it was Apple Martinis.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Elem wrote: »
    My cocktail:

American whisky shaken with almond syrup and frangellico. Strained into a chilled martini glass and a tiny dash of elderflower liquor.

Sounds very interesting. What kind of whiskey would you use? I personally like woodford reserve. Do you think it would go well in this cocktail?

And i like the idea of mixing frangelico with elderflower. Might have to try it next time im in work!

• Advertisement

nick23 wrote: »
    Sounds very interesting. What kind of whiskey would you use? I personally like woodford reserve. Do you think it would go well in this cocktail?

And i like the idea of mixing frangelico with elderflower. Might have to try it next time im in work!

Woodford reserve would work perfectly, any premium bourbon will. My preference is Makers Mark.

Tiny dash of Elderflower liquor, gives it a bitter sweet to balance. I think I'm using the new Brinkman Beverages one, St.Germain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I like White Russian every now and again. Thats about the only one I drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

caipirosca- dee-licious, or one drink i really enjoyed to go mental on was "Guarapita" (it's not really a cocktail though, as it's a local mixture in venezuela with each family having their own secret formula for it).

Woodford reserve would work perfectly, any premium bourbon will. My preference is Makers Mark.

Tiny dash of Elderflower liquor, gives it a bitter sweet to balance. I think I'm using the new Brinkman Beverages one, St.Germain?

Would you be better off using St Germain or something like elderflower liquer?

Would you be better off using St Germain or something like elderflower liquer?

I suppose you could use elderflower cordial, haven't tryed it but give it ago and tell me how it tastes.

Have you tryed the new berrie caipirinha with cracked pepper on the top?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Im easily pleased - Mojito.:P Although hard to get a good one around here. Strangely enough the best Ive ever had was in Cuban bars in Camdon Town market and Barcelona.

I suppose you could use elderflower cordial, haven't tryed it but give it ago and tell me how it tastes.

Have you tryed the new berrie caipirinha with cracked pepper on the top?

No. Hows it made?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Love fruity cocktail with a strong hit! Fave is sex on the beach, then tequila sunrise, strawberry daquiri (sp), wuwu etc. Capitol on George's St does (or did) some really good frozen ones.

No. Hows it made?

Raspberries muddled with lime and sugar, add 80ml Cachaca, top with crushed ice and black pepper! Its an odd mix but absolutely beautiful. Remember to mix to well with a bar spoon when done.

Everyone get there lips around that! You won't regret it!

Advertisement