Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mods and The NCT?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Just wondering what putting a car with alot of modifications through the NCT is like? Is there anything specifically that will fail you? My car has been lowered 60mm,tints,body kit, twin exhaust etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Just wondering what putting a car with alot of modifications through the NCT is like? Is there anything specifically that will fail you? My car has been lowered 60mm,tints,body kit, twin exhaust etc?

Tints and the exhaust can fail it anyway. If your alloys are rubbing the arch im sure that can fail it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

tints can only fail it if it's on the windscreen.

Exhaust can only fail if there's excessive smoke. ( apart from obvious emissions etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Cheers for that Clio, Its on coilovers ive been told ill have to take them off, that true?also the back 2 doors are flushed (no handles) so i was also advised to get them but is that necessary like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

If the coilovers are height adjustable, I'd jack 'em back up for the test.

How do you usually open the back doors if there are no handles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Cheers for that Clio, Its on coilovers ive been told ill have to take them off, that true?also the back 2 doors are flushed (no handles) so i was also advised to get them but is that necessary like?

Dont do anything just go for the test and see if it passes if it doesn't you know what you need to get done then. I really doubt coil overs will fail it.. No back door handles could be a safety issue so that might fail it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Vain wrote: »
    Dont do anything just go for the test and see if it passes if it doesn't you know what you need to get done then. I really doubt coil overs will fail it.. No back door handles could be a safety issue so that might fail it.

Not Really Door poppers arent ilegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 palaboy2008

how about car sound systme guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

As the sound system has little bearing on the roadworthiness of you car (unless you have subs flying about in the boot) I'd say you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as was said, tints on side and back are grand, exhaust as long as you have the cat and emissions are ok should be grand. coilovers you should be grand with.

Advertisement