Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Of Solace

Options
  • 20-10-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody tried the demo? I just downloaded it and gave it a whirl and I'm liking what I see.

It's incredibly short, but it plays well and kind of keeps the frantic feel of the action sequences in the new films.

The gameplay is fairly familiar to any other modern fps, and it flips to 3rd person perspective when you go into cover, which is handy. The graphics aren't stand out, but they're good. There's lots of debris and shootable things to keep your attention. And the PC version has a good alternative to quick time events where you have to click a button in time. In this, when you run up to an enemy, you're given a target and have to quickly mouse over it and click to kick seven shades of shìte out of them. It'd of been nice to have some say as to what move is done, but you can't have it all.

I don't think the full game is going to be the most amazing experience ever and it's going to be dwarfed by the other releases that are coming out now, but I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Didnt realise the demo was out..ill give it a a go and get back to ya:D
    **Not out on xbox marketplace yet**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Being Craig just isn't the same as Brosnan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Being Craig just isn't the same as Brosnan

Always had a soft spot for Lazemby myself, but I think I might be on my own there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Always had a soft spot for Lazemby myself, but I think I might be on my own there.
    Actually, I kind of liked him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Trailer of this games looks good but there are just too many good games coming between now and Christmas for this to get a look in.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know what you mean. As I said, it's not anything amazing. Probably best to leave it far down on your "want" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of my favourite Bond films, he made a good Bond. Shame he didn't get more....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of my favourite Bond films, he made a good Bond. Shame he didn't get more....

i personally thought that was the worst...perhaps its just me:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

So we're agreed, Lazenby is the reason for RROD.

I think it's the only logical explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Poor Lazenby, he has such a bad name. On Her Majesty's Secret Service is better than Diamonds are Forever!

Quantum of Solace is going on the "Games To Get When Cheap" list, just below Web of Shadows.

Advertisement