Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts in Walkinstown ??

Options
  • 20-10-2008 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I live in Walkinstown and am interested in learning martial arts. Kung fu and taekwondo look good. Any ideas of clubs in the area ?? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Chupasart Muay Thai and SBG Ireland are based on the Long Mile Road.
    SBG do BJJ & MMA.

www.chupasart.com
    www.sbgireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Theres an American Kenpo club as well. I've met John Ward a few times in my former club and as far as Kenpo goes he is very good. I don't know anything about his own club though. www.wardkenpo.ie Located in Walkinstown Community Centre on Walkinstown Ave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

Theres an American Kenpo club as well. I've met John Ward a few times in my former club and as far as Kenpo goes he is very good. I don't know anything about his own club though. www.wardkenpo.ie Located in Walkinstown Community Centre on Walkinstown Ave.

full of kids as i remember..nice chap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Adult Classes - Combat silat / Lameco Eskrima Sheldon Park Leisure Club, Kylemore Rd
    More details www.silateurope.com or www.guruliam.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Taekwon-do in Templeogue College. Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 for beginners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Right, Colm the Mod here.

I've repeated asked people not to just pimp their style/club on threads like these.

No one - bar Colin - addressed the OP's post. He did not ask for Kenpo, Silat, or MMA.

If a poster comes along and asked for direction about choosing a martial art, then you may tell them about your style. Providing a link isn't enough. Next time this **** happens I'm handing out bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Computer36 wrote: »
    I live in Walkinstown and am interested in learning martial arts. Kung fu and taekwondo look good. Any ideas of clubs in the area ?? :confused::confused:

As American Kenpo is technically Kung Fu anyway (even thought it's been modernized) - you might try the Ward kenpo school. That's prolly what you are after. :)

Ed Parker changed the name to Kenpo "Karate" back in the day, because he thought it would attract more people as opposed to Kenpo "Kung Fu".

Advertisement