Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P 90 Mag Trouble

Options
  • 20-10-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I`m havin trouble with a p90 mag, when its fully wound its only firing about a 100 bb`s then it stops feeding them. I`ve had it open and everything looks ok. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Squirt of silicone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sounds like your overfilling it, the P90 hicaps can only take 280 and not 300 or else they will start to jam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it a TM p90 mag?

Only the TM ones empty on a full wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

P90 mags can be a bit fiddly alright

Generally I do the following

Only fill the mag to about 3/4 or 7/8 capacity
    Give it a full wind and once or twice while winding, pull back the slider that pushes against the BBs and give the mag a shake.
    Every now and again the mag may jam while firing, take the mag out, pull back the slide and give the mag a shake, it should continue firing again. If it doesn't and there is no BB visible in the feed nozzle of the mag, give it a tap off the side of your leg or something to unjam the BBs

Finally, once in a while, spray a squirt of silicone oil into the feed nozzle and also in towards the gears from the slit in the middle where the slider catch is, this will help prevent jams.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

I might test it 3/4 full and c what happens, They`re tm mags and its the same problem with 2 of them so it would be pretty expensive to replace them. I`ve tried tapping the side of them when they jam and pulling back the spring, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn`t. It`s just a bit strange as there doesn`t seem to be anything wrong internaly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement