Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf trip from dublin?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Howaya!
    Forecasts looking could for strandhill, sligo this thursday so I was thinking of drivin up there though Id describe myself as intermediate Ive never surfed there before and Ill be headin on me own so its prob better to go there with another surfer! Plus surfing with some else is always more craic and it makes the journey easier and cuts down on petrol costs! So if anyones free thursday and wants to make a day of it surfing give us a shout!
    cheers
    john!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

join the east coast surf club - plenty of members head west every other weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Summit wrote: »
    Howaya!
    Forecasts looking could for strandhill, sligo this thursday

Was there last Saturday when the first low hit the west coast, and Strandhill was a pain in the rear. Huge swell, but nothing but white water, so if you fancy going in a straight line in, off you pop. Mental northerly rip too.

Went up to Streedagh about 20 mins north, left at the village of Grange, and that was much sweeter due to being slightly less exposed than Strandhill. In any case, dont go in if the swell is big and you are on your todd.

Be safe.

K-

Advertisement