Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champs League Match Thread:Man Utd V Celtic [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote: »
    I wonder is Brown considered first choice by Fergie anymore? Hope so

ya i hope so

neville was brutal

Brown first choice imo

with Rafael as second choice (going to be a great player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Boggles wrote: »
    We never did get Dunphys video collection of Berbatov in the analysis.

Thats because his laziness got him two goals. Too lazy to get onside and yet if had bothered to get onside he might not have scored. Laziness FTW!
    Trilla wrote: »
    I wonder is Brown considered first choice by Fergie anymore? Hope so

I really doubt it. I mean he can't seem to get a game starting at right back, and then we lose a CB last night and he can't get a game again.

Now don't get me wrong I think its great that Evans is getting the game time when Rio and Vidic are not around but the RB situation is really confusing me.

Neville seems to be struggling, and I don't mean in going forward a couple of times in defense last night he got caught going to ground very quickly. I noticed it in one or two games he played earlier on as well. Never remember him doing this before.

Silva is hopefully a player for the future and I am happy for him to get game time but Brown seems to be getting shafted.

Then again maybe its because Brown played the most games for us last year in what was a long hard season, as well as being heavily involved with England. Maybe Fergie is just rotating them at the moment, and will pick a time to go with Brown knowing he will be fresh for the rest of the season.

I dunno I'm all over the place here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I just hope Brown doesn't get frustrated and start agitating for a move in January.

Also want to get Tevez's contract sorted! He's eager to stay at United and just wants to establish a bit of security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Good performence from United last night. I thought it would have been a better contest, but Celtic got no time on the ball; yet let United spread it around at will.

What about haughton commentating though...? Possibly the most annoying person to listen to ... EVER! All his "well, if he had of hit that slightly harder and more to the left - it would have been a goal..." - I saw someone on here call him Hindsight Haughton - describes him perfectly. I didn't know the match was on UTV :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Brown first choice imo

with Rafael as second choice (going to be a great player)

Agreed, Rafael was immense before getting injured in Aalborg. Himself and Nani will be huge within 6 odd years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

shane86 wrote: »
    Agreed, Rafael was immense before getting injured in Aalborg. Himself and Nani will be huge within 6 odd years.

Nani will be 28 in 6 odd years time, if he is the real deal I will be expecting him to be huge long before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Boggles wrote: »
    Nani will be 28 in 6 odd years time, if he is the real deal I will be expecting him to be huge long before that.

Sorry, four so :)

Thought he was 20 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Seperate wrote: »
    Good performence from United last night. I thought it would have been a better contest, but Celtic got no time on the ball; yet let United spread it around at will.

What about haughton commentating though...? Possibly the most annoying person to listen to ... EVER! All his "well, if he had of hit that slightly harder and more to the left - it would have been a goal..." - I saw someone on here call him Hindsight Haughton - describes him perfectly. I didn't know the match was on UTV :(

Ah you missed out Jim was commentating. Now if Pleaty was on, I'd go for Houghton every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What did they say about Berbatov after the game? I seen the start when they were giving out about him

• Advertisement
Advertisement