Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

water separator

Options
  • 20-10-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I have a ssangyong rodius with the merc ML270 engine. The last couple of weeks the water separator light has been intermittently coming on, which means that the separator should be emptied, basically undoing a valve, pumping the water out and then priming it. In the past this procedure could last nearly 15/20K but the fuel filter was only changed 7K ago. The light came on this morning, the job was done but 30 minutes later it's back on, goes off for a while and starts again. I filled up tonight and a couple of minutes later it started again. I usually fill up in the same place, could it be that their tanks are contaminated? probably a long shot I know. In the manual it says the separator should be replaced at 150K, there is 90K on my yoke. I realise that the rodius is probably thin on the ground on this forum, but perhaps the merc ML270 has a similar system. TBH I loathe the idea of bringing it back to the dealer, because they will basically keep it for a day and just empty the separator and give it back to me, I can't afford to take a day off work for that. Any idea's or suggestions, dodgy diesel? fuel filter? separator? Anyone come across a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Possibly a faulty sensor / loose connection at the diesel filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

peasant wrote: »
    Possibly a faulty sensor / loose connection at the diesel filter?

:rolleyes:Never considered that peasant,I'll check it out,cheers.

Advertisement