Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

25grand on saloon car

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

decies wrote: »
    Should i definitly go for a diesal??
    Any views of the skoda?

Yes, absolutely. You'd want to be daft *not* to go for a parraffin stove.

Petrols are better, they're faster, smoother, quieter, lighter(and hence better in corners), far better for the environment, but your wallet will be a hellva lot lighter for the privilege, between them costing more to buy, to run, to tax and most of all, depreciation. The best diesels will eliminate most of the compromises of diesel powered motoring anyway. There are better petrols coming, which will offer big improvements in CO2(the facelifted Octavia will feature a brace of ultra modern and efficient petrols) and will restore the old greatness petrol has, but in the short to medium term, diesel is the clear winner under the current VRT system for most cars.

The Octavia is only available as a hatchback, you said you wanted a saloon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I would find that very hard to believe. Why would a manufacturer talk down the quality of their new car.

They don't do it when it's new, they only do it by way of acknowledging the criticism from the car mags and dealer feedback and announcing that the Mk6 Golf will be back to Mk4 levels of interior quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Greendaze

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Huyndai Sonata comes in at €26,200 in Classic or €29,900 in Deluxe trim.

Methinks it would not be beyond the realms of possibility to do a cash deal on a Deluxe for about €26,500 in January. Quarterly figures are going to be difficult to meet next year, so if you could wait til March you could get try to get it for €25k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Greendaze wrote: »

Good point. Very attractive car. I think they only come in 1.4L though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

I saw in todays indo that new mazda 3 launched in La in a few weeks persume in europe some time next year :(
    So i guess none of ye would buy a new mazda 3 next jan?
    sat in a skoda superb today,nice car not mad about that plastic grill on the front??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

sat in a skoda superb today,nice car not mad about that plastic grill on the front??

Can't understand why Skoda persist with horrible grills. They always let the cars down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Can't understand why Skoda persist with horrible grills. They always let the cars down.
    The side profile of the Superb is terrible. Everything else is superb but its the only thing stopping me buying one. The old one looked nice and well proportioned being just a Passat clone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I saw in todays indo that new mazda 3 launched in La in a few weeks persume in europe some time next year :(
    So i guess none of ye would buy a new mazda 3 next jan?

Absolutely, they're a great car.

Advertisement