Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efficient Internal Spot Lights

Options
  • 20-10-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I need to purchase 10 internal recessed spot lights. I had a quick look in B&Q but didn't have a clue what type to get. The Electrician has already run all the wiring. I just need to buy the lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

11 Watt Megaman fittingd from a wholesaler as listed on the suppliers sticky on the front page. The lamp and fitting will set you back about €18 each. this type of CFL wont dim, they cost more.

LEDS are the other option but running at about 2.5 times the cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

The LEDs on the Megaman website are cheaper at about €12. Although I think LEDs are the future they have a long way to go. Light quality is very poor.
    11 Watt Megaman
    BTW I was surprised how hot they get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Thanks Stoner. I managed to get the Electician I use to deal with today and he recommended the ones you are talking about I think; about €6 for the folder and €11/€12 for the bulbs. He makes out the bulbs have a 7 year guarantee. I need 10 so thats about €180 which is 3 times the price of some of the ones you can get but I don't mind paying for it if they don't blow all the time.

I heard they can get very hot alright. Any idea how much space to leave around them to allow for the insulation. Don't want any fires. I'm using reflective foil insulation - eco flex or something like it.

Advertisement