Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Thread Spoilers 21/10/08

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Talk me through that there...

I dont get how exactly a bout between two characters, traditionally on different brands, who have had little or no interaction for a no. of years would book itself?

I admit theres history, but thats exactly it, history.

If I saw an ad 10 minutes before Cyber Sunday that Big Show was out for whatever reason and Austin was gonna be calling in I'd be straight onto the phone to get the ppv in. Build up or not, that's a match I would not wanna miss. That match sells itself.

There is 6 months to go till WM anyway, I would imagine they would have no problem building an angle for the two of them in that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

orestes wrote: »
    If I saw an ad 10 minutes before Cyber Sunday that Big Show was out for whatever reason and Austin was gonna be calling in I'd be straight onto the phone to get the ppv in. Build up or not, that's a match I would not wanna miss. That match sells itself.

There is 6 months to go till WM anyway, I would imagine they would have no problem building an angle for the two of them in that time

i guess youre right, i just meant itd be a little out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Talk me through that there...

I dont get how exactly a bout between two characters, traditionally on different brands, who have had little or no interaction for a no. of years would book itself?

I admit theres history, but thats exactly it, history.

Yep Rock and Hogan really needed that car crash angle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rovert wrote: »
    Yep Rock and Hogan really needed that car crash angle :p

hahahhaa point taken:D

car crashes in wrestling are always ridiculous...

"I deed it...faw da rock"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

"I deed it...faw da rock"

That story seemed to go on forever, i remember the rock being ran down and then it felt like years till he was back.

It was great, in Austins absence younger talent seemed to be pushed do hard.

****ty show got a ****ty rating: 2.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

^^Is that down by much?

THAT was a horribly disgustingly bad show :(

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ^^Is that down by much?

It is at the low end of what they have been doing generally speaking. It is low going into a PPV which does bode well for Cyber Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

THAT was a horribly disgustingly bad show :(

Why do you think this?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Why do you think this?

Well it didnt make me want to buy Cyber Sunday, there was no real build towards it.
    The main event was all over the place.
    Santino's Rodney the Piper, Goldendust and the Honky Donk Man kinda bored me, it was ok, but should have ended sooner.

Thats my 2 cents.

How bout you bud?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Another average show - no worse/better than previous weeks. The money is getting tight - Sky Sports bye bye I think! Its not as if I'd be missing much every Monday night - the FEW good bits can be seen on youtube!

brolly wrote: »
    - Sky Sports bye bye I think! Its not as if I'd be missing much every Monday night - the FEW good bits can be seen on youtube!

Isnt sky the most lucrative non-us channel/s for wwe?

Isnt sky the most lucrative non-us channel/s for wwe?

Yes it is..I cant believe some people acutally subscribe to Sky Sports just for WWE:rolleyes:

Yes it is..I cant believe some people acutally subscribe to Sky Sports just for WWE:rolleyes:

Some people cant be bothered watching football, and if it means an extra 12 euro a month to watch WWE then i know i would, better than not having it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Just as well I watch rugby then!;) The way I see it Callaway, I could go out on the beer and spend €50 easy. But I don't! I spend €7.50 a week for sports (mainly for the WWE, yes thats right, mainly for the WWE!). But, it has now got to the stage where 2 of the 3 shows are pretty dismal each week (I actually enjoy Smackdown most weeks!).

brolly wrote: »
    Just as well I watch rugby then!;) The way I see it Callaway, I could go out on the beer and spend €50 easy. But I don't! I spend €7.50 a week for sports (mainly for the WWE, yes thats right, mainly for the WWE!). But, it has now got to the stage where 2 of the 3 shows are pretty dismal each week (I actually enjoy Smackdown most weeks!).

I take back what I said...I respect you for that actually...Best thing ive seen you say on this :)

The fact that nobody (Im including myself here) in this thread mentioned that Jericho didnt his loss to CM Punk the previous week is a great illustration of what wins and losses mean in 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Santino's Rodney the Piper, Goldendust and the Honky Donk Man kinda bored me, it was ok, but should have ended sooner.?

i totally agree, it dragged, and you could tell by the lack of crowd noise thats they couldnt have given a fcuk either!

i have to say i did like the stone cold steve haas-tin thing, the squash was a bit quick but he had the walk down to a T! fcuked up the "open a can of whoop ass" line tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I just caught the majority of this show this morning... and it was absolutely horrible in my book. I really feel like Raw's lost alot of steam in the past month or two.

Thankfully I'm not going anywhere near Cyber Sunday... it looks pretty abominable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement