Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra or Focus

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ninty9er wrote: »
    What "facts" would those be exactly. And yes....my car is the 1.6, but the 1.4 isn't as slow as the 1.4 Focus, which in the new guise is, as I've mentioned before is as slow, if not slower than my previous 1l Corsa.

Relative lack of power has been covered already. 1.4 is barely adequate for such a heavy car. If you want something quicker go for another engine.

There are probably thousands of pages of reviews of these cars online, and very simply the Focus is the class leader and has been for a good few years now. Astra is fine (and looks great as a 3 door), but it trails the Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I have driven both, Astra 1.4, Focus 1.4, Focus 1.6 Petrol and Diesel, and I would tell the OP to buy a Kia Ceed !!

7 Year Warranty and its 1.4 develops 109bhp !

Advertisement