Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Box 360 HD Tv problem!

• 20-10-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Hi

Dont know what the problem is but when playing the 360 the picture seems to be kinda doubled up.Its kinda like a blur.Its not the xbox its self but was wondering if it would be the hd cable or what.

Wondering if anybody else experiance the same thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Try changing the cable, maybe use the component (the red green and blue phono cables) or the composite (the single yellow one). If it happens on all 3 then it's your console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Hi

Dont know what the problem is but when playing the 360 the picture seems to be kinda doubled up.Its kinda like a blur.Its not the xbox its self but was wondering if it would be the hd cable or what.

More info.....
    What cable are you using?
    What TV is it?
    What settings have you selected on the xbox video settings?
    and if you have a picture of what you're seeing then it might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

i cant remember how to fix the problem but i know what you mean...to the other op that responded,it doesnt necessarily mean the cable is broken as this happened to me before and i fixed it somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Could be that your tv isn't full HD but you have the xbox set up For full HD. Try the 1080i setting in the xbox settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Hi

I have a similar kind of problem. Any "fast" movement leaves behind a blur for a second or two. Just long enough to be incredibly noticeable and annoying.

Example: Running down the wing in the shade with Ronaldo, you can see a blur his head and jersey leave behind for a second. Or in GTA, if you are standing still and move the right stick quickly, you can notice the outline of an object such as a lamp leave behind a blur as it moves on the screen.

Maybe its just me, but it seems to wear off after about half an hour, always seems to be very, very bad at the start, and gets a little bit better then, but still not right. Its a 26" Samsung, using the components cable. Set to be 720p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

lafors wrote: »
    More info.....
    What cable are you using?
    What TV is it?
    What settings have you selected on the xbox video settings?
    and if you have a picture of what you're seeing then it might help.

Using the Hd cable that came with the Xbox plugged in the seperate ports for the cables to the T.V.
    The TV is a Sony Bravia KDF-50E2010 hd ready.
    The 1080i setting dosent work at all.No picture comes up but with the problem.
    I'll try and get a pic up 2morow.
    The problem is double vision basically.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I have a similar kind of problem. Any "fast" movement leaves behind a blur for a second or two. Just long enough to be incredibly noticeable and annoying.

Example: Running down the wing in the shade with Ronaldo, you can see a blur his head and jersey leave behind for a second. Or in GTA, if you are standing still and move the right stick quickly, you can notice the outline of an object such as a lamp leave behind a blur as it moves on the screen.

Maybe its just me, but it seems to wear off after about half an hour, always seems to be very, very bad at the start, and gets a little bit better then, but still not right. Its a 26" Samsung, using the components cable. Set to be 720p.

Thats the problem but it dosent go away.You kinda get used to it at times but notice it again.Kinda annoying......

Fol20 wrote: »
    i cant remember how to fix the problem but i know what you mean...to the other op that responded,it doesnt necessarily mean the cable is broken as this happened to me before and i fixed it somehow

If you can remeber what you did to fix it it would be great.

Thats the problem but it dosent go away.You kinda get used to it at times but notice it again.Kinda annoying......

The effect fades after time for me, the first game on Fifa, it is very, very noticeable. I hope its not the tv, but I suspect it is. I noticed it on my friends Samsung also. First game we played every player left a blur behind them.

I think I'm just going to have to leave it on, all the time. It will still keep it "warm" and although its not ideal, it stops the first 20-30 mins being extremely bad.

I'd like to get it fixed though. It is very very annoying. I always seem to notice any picture problems, whereas most others I know wouldn't see any problem playing widescreen and having the 360 set to 4:3.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The effect fades after time for me, the first game on Fifa, it is very, very noticeable. I hope its not the tv, but I suspect it is. I noticed it on my friends Samsung also. First game we played every player left a blur behind them.

Do you have an LCD? and does it do that only when you've first turned on the tv? if so that's motion blur, most lcds get that until they are warmed up, very annoying! it doesn't happen on plasmas....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Might be a dumb suggestion but check the cable where it goes into the xbox mine has a switch that was switched over to TV ( rather than HD) by accident when i was moving the xbox and it took me a while of messing with settings to find it.

But i still have huge problems with the text on the blades it seems to have a white shadow behind it which makes it very difficult to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Try setting your display settings to 1080i that will fix your problem. 1080i is better on some tv's as it only refreshes 576 pixels at a time. Your Tv's refresh rate isn't good enough for 720p thats why you see "trails".

Do you have an LCD? and does it do that only when you've first turned on the tv? if so that's motion blur, most lcds get that until they are warmed up, very annoying! it doesn't happen on plasmas....

Yep, LCD. I didn't know that before. Seems a bit ****, but even still, there is nothing like playing on a wide screen when you are used to a small portable tv.
    ROC1977 wrote: »
    Try setting your display settings to 1080i that will fix your problem. 1080i is better on some tv's as it only refreshes 576 pixels at a time. Your Tv's refresh rate isn't good enough for 720p thats why you see "trails".

Cheers, I will try this, this evening. I think you are on the money with that suggestion. When i first got the tv I never noticed this at all, but I've tried every setting under the sun, as without the anti-aliasing (edges of objects have a pixels jumping along straight lines or whatever), I couldn't get used to it at the start. It used to drive me crazy. I'll give this a go, thanks!

Tried everything but no luck.I'll ring Sony,could be the T.V.

Thanks for the help all those who replied.

Another Question regarding the X-Box,My old one stopped working but i dident get the red lights,it would get about 5 mins into any game and stall.Xbox said they would only fix it if the red lights came on.This happen anyone else.Kinda pissed off that they wont fix one of their broken products just because of a lack of red lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Yes exact same thing happened to me with my old xbox, its would just freeze up after a minute or two, no red rings of any kind but luckily i brought it back to smyths and they changed it because i still had the receipt. im on my 4th xbox in 2 and half years, its a joke.

Advertisement