Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging WGR614v9 and WAG200G

Options
  • 20-10-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've recently gotten UPC BB installed with the Netgear WGR614v9. I currently also have a WAG200G which I used for DSL BB. Can the WGA200G bew reconfigured to extend the UPC broadband wirelessly? I use the wired ports of the WAG200G to connect my PC and a network printer and used the DSL features of the WAG200G when I had that service.

Now, braodband is delivered to the back of the TV with the WGR and I want to leave the PC/printer where they are and extend the wireless network from the living room to the room where the PC is. I could buy a wireless bridge but if I cna re-configure the WAG200, then I don't need to.

Apologies if this is a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

No as the WAG200 doesn't support Repeater of Access point functionality -

Options buy an AP or Some people on this wireless forum :p will suggest a plug in network socket over your mains, if your not 100% savvy with wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

OK, so what AP would you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

SwampThing wrote: »
    OK, so what AP would you suggest?

As you have a netgear I alway suggest stick with the brand - So id go for the WG602 Netgear look on komplett and Pixmania for prices

Advertisement