Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunter's Moon

• 21-10-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Attempted to take a few pics of the godly Hunter's moon during the recent fine weather. Tried to capture the essence of the light it gave off, but unsuccessful. But I hope you enjoy them anyway. :)

While there was still a bit of dusk, I thought the rising moon gave a nice blue hue to the darkening sky to the east:

DSC01381.jpg

Light of the moon beginning to take over:

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

This was taken around 10.30pm, the moonlight was so bright and unearthly that I thought I'd give it a go taking a shot. As I said, didn't really capture the essence, but I thought the sky came out alright with the brightness of the orb:

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

I will echo Supercell's sentiments that moving from a town to the country is the best move anybody could make if anybody is interested in observing the changes of season and skyscapes. Since I moved away from Urban Tuam and Galway over a year ago, I have fallen in love with the countryside and I think it would break my heart to move back into town. And if you don't believe me, try it for yourself. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

And to contrast, here's the best I could do with two lovely orange street lights in the way :(

2947215821_e04523eda0.jpg

Although I did manage to catch my first "Lunar" timelapse a few days before the full moon.

http://timelapsemotion.com/2008/10/11/time-lapse-october-11th-2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm curious as to where the light source is originating from in the 4th, 5th, and 6th pic, it's not the moon :pac:, but looks like an opening in the distance between the tree's. Would there be a road alongside that field, car headlights perhaps? Great caps there though, you captured the atmosphere, even if the quality wasn't 100% (80% I'd say :pac:). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

cool pics

Advertisement