Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous question

Options
  • 21-10-2008 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Howye folks,

I've been researching this all day and can't find a straight answer, though ye nice fellas might be able to help :) as yous always know what to say!

Been thinking about getting my tongue pierced for a while, and was planning on doing it this Wednesday but then someone told me I wouldn't be able to talk for practically a full day after...worrying, cause I'd have to work on Thursday, which will be difficult if my tongue's as high as an elephant's eye, or what not.

What do ye think? Leave it till Saturday? Also, can you smoke after? I'm presuming all those American websites who've told me you can't are lying for the sake of my health.

Cheers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Definitely leave it till Saturday - you will be able to talk, but depending on the swelling (every person is different), you may have quite a noticeable lisp. It may also be a li'l tricky to eat proper food too. There's no point in putting pressure on yourself for the sake of a few days.

Regarding the smoking, if you do feel the need to have one, rinse your mouth out after each one with a sea salt solution (a pinch of SEA salt to a cup of boiling water, wait to cool) - no alkeemehol either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Been thinking about getting my tongue pierced for a while, and was planning on doing it this Wednesday but then someone told me I wouldn't be able to talk for practically a full day after...worrying, cause I'd have to work on Thursday, which will be difficult if my tongue's as high as an elephant's eye, or what not.

What do ye think? Leave it till Saturday? Also, can you smoke after? I'm presuming all those American websites who've told me you can't are lying for the sake of my health.

Cheers!

Best if you don't smoke afterwards, because you'll be coating the inside of the piercing with all the nastyness that we all know those things contain, and it's generally best to at least wait till your swelling goes down.
    If you've to work on Thursday, why not get it done Thursday evening when most places are open late, or Friday, and that way you'd have the weekend to heal it up!

*If ya do, avoid alcohol that weekend too, as it'll slow the healing process!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

wait the few days,as already said no point putting pressure on yourself!i couldnt talk properly for days after i got mine pierced

Advertisement