Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in cuffe street ?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I'm looking for renting an appartment. I'm interested in a flat in cuffe street. I'd like to know how is the area ? I heard some places around St Stephen green are dodgy...
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

AFAIK there are only local authority apartments/flats on Cuffe St. Do you mean Lower Kevin St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Now folks - please keep this thread tightly on topic. Any descent into the usual rubbish and it will be locked.

From charter:
    "Northside v southside", "working class areas v middle class" areas, "best area", "worst area" type threads will no longer be permitted. They are totally pointless and not worth the hassle they cause.

If someone has a genuine reason why such threads should be permitted please PM me but I can't really see what benefit it is to have posters in entrenched positions and going around in circles throwing abuse and generalisations at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wouldn't live there for the traffic noise alone, it does be very busy even late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Now folks - please keep this thread tightly on topic. Any descent into the usual rubbish and it will be locked.

From charter:
    I also thought Cuffe St was only LA housing, which implies it's unlikely there should be anywhere there available to rent.
    I didn't think it was a class thing he was getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Igy wrote: »
    I also thought Cuffe St was only LA housing, which implies it's unlikely there should be anywhere there available to rent.
    I didn't think it was a class thing he was getting at.

And I don't think Wishbone thought otherwise. But there's no harming in nipping these things in the bud before they grow.

OP, Cuffee St. is grand. Its safe, very central but it is a busy traffic route so bare that in mind.

If I had a choice of living there I'd probably jump at it.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    And I don't think Wishbone thought otherwise. But there's no harming in nipping these things in the bud before they grow
    Exactly - it was an advance warning and not directed at the previous poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

For the record, I was simply making a statement of fact. I lived in the area for forty years and I know it quite well. I have no bias for or against any part of Dublin.

For the record, I was simply making a statement of fact. I lived in the area for forty years and I know it quite well. I have no bias for or against any part of Dublin.
    That is not in dispute Dennis. Your contribution is welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Anouck

Thanks everyone for your answer !
    it's good to have an idea of the area. I'll have a look at the flat...

Advertisement