Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PDF + Learner Permit

Options
  • 21-10-2008 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if members of the defence forces while on duty are exempt from road regulations such as not displaying L Plates,and having to wait the 6 months on a learner permit before doing a driving test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jackncoke wrote: »
    Just wondering if members of the defence forces while on duty are exempt from road regulations such as not displaying L Plates,and having to wait the 6 months on a learner permit before doing a driving test.
    Do you mean while driving IDF vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Do you mean while driving IDF vehicles?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't know for definite but I'd be pretty sure that you are exempt. That doesn't mean that they don't expect you to display them. I've seen rigid DF trucks with L plates displayed. I've also heard it claimed that DF vehicles are not required to display registration plates while on a public road (although most do).

(I'm not sure if it is still the case but a person who is a member of the DF and who has driven vehicles satisfactorily under permit for the DF is not required to do a test to obtain a Full Driving Licence for a similar vehicle in civilian life).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

There was a rumour in motors forum that the gardai couldnt stop a df vehicle, any truth, didnt think there was tbh..., but maybe?

Advertisement