Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First ten minutes of Gears of War 2 Leaked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

the game was leaked yesterday and is up on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Illegal copies of this game aside there's a ridiculous amount GOW2 gamer vids about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Yeah there is a ridiculous amount of GOW2 media and articles on the net. I mean I really don't what to know what happens in the game but you nearly have to go out of your way to avoid all the previews, hands-on articles, level walkthrough etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Anyone download the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Hopefully not. Didnt Mark Rein say he was taking note of peoples gamertags who are playing the game before release day. Could be a load of bull though.

• Advertisement

Looking at file sharing sites, I'd say about 10,000 people have downloaded it already. He'd be needing to employ a few people to make his list with. lol

Well its MGS published. You would be suprised what kind of Software these companies can have for this sort of stuff. Everythings Gamertag could or bad is stored on a database(s) on some server somewhere. A query of some sort could bring up results of people that have played game x recently.

Like i said though, its probably a load of bull and scare tactics.

Glad someone in the system got caught anyways.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/21/game-packaging-staffer-steals-900-gears-of-war-2-and-fable-2/

The only thing that could be done is bans from Live. But I don't think there is much they can do about individuals dl'ing games. As laws in different countries are different. I'd say they'd be more likely to hit on the guys like in the link that are profiting from dl'ing stealing games. I def think if you play games before they are released (well weeks before released anyway) then your console ID goes on a database along with gamertag.

I think most of the leaks come from the games reviewers myself. Gamespot, IGN, Eurogamer etc etc etc all get review copies of games, Not saying is any of those sites doing it but maybe someone working for with access to the games, has to be leaking them.

Yeh agreed on that ROC. Its horrible when you have been waiting on a game for two years and you come on the net to find out its been leaked a good 3 weeks early and footage spoilers are all over the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Burning to a disc now.. im buying it so don't go mad like little girls calling me a pirate, I just dont like waiting for games.. Plus I can order games online and save money and not mind waiting longer. Makes sense tbh.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

^ focking pirate. grrr i'm so mad.

Lamposts wrote: »
    ^ focking pirate. grrr i'm so mad.

ROSSI EIRE & raybmx are here now to play it haha, i feel mank calling them by there gamertags haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looks nice!

playing Gears 2 online now is only asking for a ban. Since it will be flagged to MS as its not out for 3 weeks. At least they could have not logged onto live before playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should really pull the release date forward once a big release like this is leaked :(

They should really pull the release date forward once a big release like this is leaked :(

Yea but they might not have enough games made to do so.. with it being leaked.. its only a few games that are copied!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you are currently playing it online are you not telling MS you have a modded console so you should be expecting a ban fairly sharpish.

bennyc wrote: »
    If you are currently playing it online are you not telling MS you have a modded console so you should be expecting a ban fairly sharpish.

Lets see ill go turn on my xbox :cool: Its pretty unlikely ill be banned. Im guessing the new dash update will have something in it to scan your xbox for the latest firmware thats out for flashing xboxs and BOOM! Banned! So ill have to wait and see if people are getting banned from using there flashed xbox with the new update. Im getting a 60gb soon, kinda want to stop playing games early... It ruins the fun of waiting. Also I dont think many people have been banned from playing games early ever. Like I played GTA early and im still here..

BTW GoW2 O M G :eek::eek: sooo good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

dazftw wrote: »
    BTW GoW2 O M G :eek::eek: sooo good!

Hell F*cking yes!! :D

The best linear FPS I've ever played on the 360, and that's saying something. Incredible production values. It's like playing a holywood movie. Deffo a must buy!

3RD Person shooter. A lot more epic than the first game. Lets hope its not as short as gears 1.

• Advertisement

I was never a fan of the 1st gears but this one has me hooked!

it seem easier than Gears 1. I loved gears 1 until I finished it. Then I barely played it. Multiplayer was too much in favor of the host and too many glitches and no team work. Just dick head Americans fighting for kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i cant stand all this pirating going on in games at the moment
    its a bit much, but the shops etc are too blame for the high prices of games
    so it evens it self out

im not totally blaming the gamers because in this day of age that a massive company like microsoft cant protect a game,its just asking for trouble

epic games will be loosing out on money too

no wonder they broken away from microsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye... Kind of pisses me off as well, but I can't really complain since I've just downloaded Far Cry 2 to tide me over until it actually gets posted out to me...

dazftw especially seems to love shouting from the rooftops that he's downloaded X game...

tman wrote: »
    Aye... Kind of pisses me off as well, but I can't really complain since I've just downloaded Far Cry 2 to tide me over until it actually gets posted out to me...

dazftw especially seems to love shouting from the rooftops that he's downloaded X game...

ya i probly do the same if i had proper broadband :D:D
    i dont blame the players that much its the companies that cant protect a game
    they're loosing the money,gamer is saving 45-65 euro

VG+ are only getting it in thursday:mad:

so i wont be having it friday

Games need to go down in price. I put it this way you can get 5 360 games for 15 euro if your a pirate. And get 1 for 70 if you buy in the shops. And no harm 1 in 10 games are barely worth 70 euro. And with the pirates gaming is still the biggest money making industry in the world. So the makers are losing very little cash.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Games need to go down in price. I put it this way you can get 5 360 games for 15 euro if your a pirate. And get 1 for 70 if you buy in the shops. And no harm 1 in 10 games are barely worth 70 euro. And with the pirates gaming is still the biggest money making industry in the world. So the makers are losing very little cash.

ohh there not loosing much money

totally agree about the prices of games

tbh i used to get pirated dvds etc a few yrs ago

so i should get off my high horse :D

if i had proper broadband id probly download gears of war 2 just to see is it worth buying
    i have the collectors edition preordered, imagine i get home and play it and its crap
    theres 75-80 euro down the drain
    still cant believe the game was leaked,one of microsofts biggest games
    amazing

also the game is finished

why the hell isnt it out now

microsoft have brought this pirating of gow2 on themselves

so screw'em

by the way how long has it been up for downloading ?

Yeh if people pirate stuff then so be it, I have no gripes. Its just the bragging that gets to me.

• Advertisement

Its been up since Monday night. Fallout has been out for a week or so on the net.
    I modded my 360 for custom Guitar hero discs. Which basically was a modded version of GH2 but with a whole new track list. I've 3 discs like that. I do download games. But I buy the good ones. Its not like I don't support the games developers, I've 20 or so orginal 360 games, 5 controllers, 2 xbox 360's, 2 guitars, drums, wireless wheel, chargers, a wii, 15 games, Ds 20 games, 2 PC's 10 games or so and a laptop. So I think its a fair trade. What I don't agree with is people who sell copied games and make profit from someone elses work.

And I think most of the planet has watched a pirate movie at some stage or another. Or the odd MP3 they didn't buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement