Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama suspending himself from campaign for two days (there happy now? :p )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suspending my arse! His got wifey doing the neccessary and while this isn't his fault even going to see his sick granny will be part of the campiagn.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sorry I meant to say Obama is suspending him being on the campaign for two days. I thought it was evident from reading the article. guess I was wrong.

I was making a wider point to your specific one :)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

mike65 wrote: »
    I was making a wider point to your specific one :)

Mike

You are making a pathetic point TBH. Give him a break. What is he supposed to do?

Do exactly what he is doing, for the slow of learning who may be reading, the point I was making is that there is no such thing as suspending a presidential campaign. Every action is part of it, regardless of whether the individual in question wishes it to be so.

Its an unfortunate side effect of 24/7 news, which means we now have 24/7 politicing.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

The title of this thread is very misleading :p

Do exactly what he is doing, for the slow of learning who may be reading, the point I was making is that there is no such thing as suspending a presidential campaign. Every action is part of it, regardless of whether the individual in question wishes it to be so.

Its an unfortunate side effect of 24/7 news, which means we now have 24/7 politicing.

Mike

Well maybe if you had made your point clearly without using negative tones (wifey, arse etc etc) it would be easier to understand what you meant. Anyway..thanks for the insult...where is that button I am looking for.

"My arse" a northern English colloquillism as made famous by Jim Royale nothing to get to het up about methinks. Wifey meh. Still if you wish to hit the report button a mod may well make your day.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

"My arse" a northern English colloquillism as made famous by Jim Royale nothing to get to het up about methinks. Wifey meh. Still if you wish to hit the report button a mod may well make your day.

Mike

You see Mike you are not allowed say anything remotely condescending about Obama, he is the messiah and is beyond reproach.

Also it would be considered racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ludo wrote: »
    Well maybe if you had made your point clearly without using negative tones (wifey, arse etc etc) it would be easier to understand what you meant. Anyway..thanks for the insult...where is that button I am looking for.
    I thought it was obvious what he was saying, i got it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I understood clearly what was meant, and agree with mikes point. Nothing to do with the OP, and the headline is technically correct but its going to make little difference apart from him not doing speaches or meeting potential voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Publicity stunt. Cynical use of an elderly white woman at a crucial time in the campaign to curry favour with Minnesotans or somesuch. mmm...curry....

McCain for pres - he makes the best oven chips. mmm...chips...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Publicity stunt. Cynical use of an elderly white woman at a crucial time in the campaign to curry favour with Minnesotans or somesuch. mmm...curry....

Thanks alot... I'm now hungry for curry :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm going to assume your joking and laugh that statement off. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Sully wrote: »
    I'm going to assume your joking and laugh that statement off. ;)

I'd say it's half joking - half true.

yaynay wrote: »
    I'd say it's half joking - half true.

Well by the sounds of things, he has always refered to in some way or another the lady in question in key speaches. He is supposedly known to be very close to her and she helped bring him up a lot. Therefore it would be the right conclusion that he would take some time away to visit her if she was as ill as made out. I cant see it being a political stunt tbh when you consider the facts surrounding it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He could just have gone and visited her - no need for the public announcement of suspension of campaign, let's face it, the campaign will continue.

Cheers Hobbes :)

can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

Mike

He could just have gone and visited her - no need for the public announcement of suspension of campaign, let's face it, the campaign will continue.

Well he kinda has to tell people that he is cancelling events doesn't he? So some form of brief announcement was necessary as to why etc.

Well he kinda has to tell people that he is cancelling events doesn't he? So some form of brief announcement was necessary as to why etc.

Exactly. If he didnt, people would be asking questions. Its having respect for the people by standing up and saying "Sorry folks, will be away the next few days to visit the person who is very close to my heart who is currently very ill. My wife will take my place". If he went quiet for a few days, he would be hunted down by the press by houdning him with calls or tracing his location etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Closing this thread. Guys have a bit of cop on here and quit the handbags.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement