Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cockatiel Advice

Options
  • 21-10-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

My dad used to keep (possibly breed) all manner of birds before he had kids. He gave up after we were born and often talks about going back to it but never does.

He's got the time now that we (the kids) are all older and he's built a new extension so he's got the space again.

I'd love to get him back into it and have been thinking of getting him a pair of Cockatiel (Doesnt have to be a breeding pair - These are the ones he always talks about, or maybe lovebirds). But ... I dont have the faintest notion of anything to do with birds at all.

Theres a whole lot of information out there and I don't have a clue where to start looking :o

Could anyone give me some basic advice or point me in the right direction please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

Where are you located? I may know of a fella who has two breeding cockatiel’s which he has been talking about selling (undecided as yet!) but he is in Clare/ Limerick? Are you anywhere near there? Im sure he would love to talk to your Dad about bird breeding too.. He has many various kinds!
    c - 13 wrote: »
    My dad used to keep (possibly breed) all manner of birds before he had kids. He gave up after we were born and often talks about going back to it but never does.

He's got the time now that we (the kids) are all older and he's built a new extension so he's got the space again.

I'd love to get him back into it and have been thinking of getting him a pair of Cockatiel (Doesnt have to be a breeding pair - These are the ones he always talks about, or maybe lovebirds). But ... I dont have the faintest notion of anything to do with birds at all.

Theres a whole lot of information out there and I don't have a clue where to start looking :o

Could anyone give me some basic advice or point me in the right direction please ?

Advertisement